Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Give up gaming for cash . . .

12 hours ago, TheSteelyardDweller said:

prolly for enough $$$$$$$$ sure i just don't know how much that would be. it would be a hard decision tho.

Yes hard decision but it is something that wont hurt us much and we can replace gaming with something else. 

I wouldn't. I can't see the point on having enough cash to retire on to then not be able to enjoy something to love. There's plenty of other ways to have fun when you have money, but sooner or later I would miss it and regret that choice.

Living the rest of my days in a wheelchair, I have an extremely small amount of options for things to keep myself occupied. If I had to give up gaming, there would be nothing for me to keep my hands occupied. If I don't keep my hands, ears, and eyes occupied I start having severe anxiety that often goes into full blown panic attacks. So fuck the money. I'm keeping my games.

It'd be very difficult for someone like me to decide. I understand if I'd been in a tough situation, I would just take all the money and be willing to give up video games for good, but without a doubt it would be a tough thing to do. I'm unsure that this situation will ever occur, though. 

17 hours ago, Alexander. said:

It'd be very difficult for someone like me to decide. I understand if I'd been in a tough situation, I would just take all the money and be willing to give up video games for good, but without a doubt it would be a tough thing to do. I'm unsure that this situation will ever occur, though. 

Now that we are in lockdown people can give up cash but can't give up gaming because boredom is pretty much painful as of now.

If I were being offered an amount that could not only change my life for the better but other peoples’ (i.e. billions for me to distribute), I would probably feel obligated to accept the offer and give up gaming. But for a smaller amount like a million, it wouldn’t be worth it to me to give up one of the things I enjoy most, especially since I am disabled and competing options are limited (plus, I can’t really imagine giving up BioShock forever).

On 3/1/2020 at 3:51 PM, The Blackangel said:

One million dollars and I had to rely on that for the rest of my life? To those on the bottom, a million sounds great. But in all truth, that's not exactly a lot of money these days. It wouldn't last very long. So I would say no to it, and keep my games.

That's if you rely on just the one million. You can invest into many things with that sort of money and easily make double the money if not more if you use the money right. Always think of what something could become rather than just what is infront of you.

I have posted a reply to this already, but I've thought some more and have a bit to add.

If I didn't have a family, it would be a very easy no. What's the point on having all that green and being unable to spend both and and your time doing what you love and embracing your passion? Even with money, that's not a life worth living.

Given that I do have a family, that makes the choice a little harder. Making a sacrifice for you kid's wellbeing and future is something expected of any parent. Having said that, if I wanted my son to be raised by a robot with no soul or passion for anything, I would have given him up to plugged into the matrix or something, that's slightly better than ME being that robot. So, my answer would still be no.

To be honest if I will get Million dollars on condition of giving up gaming than I would choose money over gaming as it will be big amount for me and I can enjoy my life without any problems. I love gaming but it's not my life to be honest.

You have to be smarter and more business savvy than I am, but if you invest right, you can make a million fairly easy if you give it a year or two. Like I said in my initial post, $1,000,000 isn't a whole lot of money these days except to people who aren't well off. If this was 1960, then a million would be hitting the lottery beyond your wildest dreams. But alas, that was longer ago than I've even been alive.