Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Games you are bad at

3 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Oldschool 3D platformers like Banjo Kazooie and Super Mario 64. And horror games.

I play both all the time. I have actually gotten all 120 stars on Mario before. Banjo Kazooie is an odd game, but still fun. My problem is that I always forget all the abilities that I learn from the mole.

54 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I play both all the time. I have actually gotten all 120 stars on Mario before. Banjo Kazooie is an odd game, but still fun. My problem is that I always forget all the abilities that I learn from the mole.

I was never good at judging distances in 3D platformers. Been getting better at it though.

I am a strong believer that some games are designed not to be beaten easily, no matter how talented you are in gaming. Without a challenge in video gaming, the activity would become boring, very quickly. If you are finding it difficult, that's what walkthroughs and tutorials are for. 

I'm bad at all first person shooter games. No matter how hard I try, I still suck. I grew up playing Fifa and GTA rather than FPS games like most kids so that is probably why I suck at FPS games and will suck for the rest of eternity.

Edited by ARx182

46 minutes ago, ARx182 said:

I'm bad at all first person shooter games. No matter how hard I try, I still suck. I grew up playing Fifa and GTA rather than FPS games like most kids so that is probably why I suck at FPS games and will suck for the rest of eternity.

If you're interested in finding FP games to try, and are into medieval games, you should check out Hexen. It's designed and set up just like Doom, but it's a medieval take on it. I was never the biggest fan of the art style myself, but when I came across Hexen, I loved it.

Edited by The Blackangel

I think I am pretty mediocre at just about every type of game, but I am especially bad at puzzle games. I also am terrible at anything which requires timing and reflexes, like for example all those little manual decoding things in Mass Effect to access equipment where you have to push the buttons when they light up on your screen.

I can agree with you there. I play 2 different kind of puzzle games. One is kinda like putting a jigsaw puzzle together, but it's polygonal pieces (Poly Puzzle). The other is just finding items in a small area to get out of that area (Prison Escape). I suck at both (especially Poly Puzzle), but I still enjoy playing them.

On 6/12/2020 at 12:08 AM, StaceyPowers said:

I think I am pretty mediocre at just about every type of game, but I am especially bad at puzzle games. 

Try playing games like little nightmare and limbo. I am sure you'd find puzzles interesting. Use youtube gameplays if you get stuck. It's fun with puzzle games if you get the hang of it.