Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Movies you just hate.

What movies could you never get into, and hated the most?

I hated the movie Timeline, because of how much of the book they altered, just to make a movie. It was one of those that if they had actually just followed the story as is, it could have been made into a great movie, even if they altered chapter placement that would have made better sense in a different part for the movie. One of my favorite Michael Crichton books that failed my expectations.

I absolutely hated Robert. They got absolutely nothing right. The first 5 minutes had me so pissed off, I was ready to hunt down every one of the asswads involved in making it and beat them to death. Another movie that was just flat out fucking stupid was The Expendables. 15 muscle men, 30 years past their prime, 50 past the time they would have been a good choice for such a movie, and a complete piece of shit plot. If it can even be called that. But the most pathetic part on that one is that THEY MADE SEQUELS.

🤮🤦🏻‍♀️

The Hunger Games, I don't think any other film pissed me off like that did.  Nauseating camerawork, bland characters and some of the most utterly nonsensical plot points I have ever experienced.  Not to mention how it blatantly rips off Battle Royale.

9 hours ago, Peterlight said:

Any love story series, they are kind of waste of time to me.

Agreed, but when they take a tragedy and try to make a love story out of it, then it's simply going too far. Titanic and Pearl Harbor are two prime examples. There were a lot of WW2 veterans that were enraged by the movie Pearl Harbor. My maternal grandfather was one. He went completely ballistic when it came out. I've never seen anyone so pissed off in my life. I was genuinely scared and stayed away from him for several years. I was never comfortable around him anyway, but that cinched it.

The same was for Titanic. There were a few Titanic survivors still alive, and they went ballistic too. And rightfully so for those involved with both events.

Edited by The Blackangel

9 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Agreed, but when they take a tragedy and try to make a love story out of it, then it's simply going too far. Titanic and Pearl Harbor are two prime examples. There were a lot of WW2 veterans that were enraged by the movie Pearl Harbor. My maternal grandfather was one. He went completely ballistic when it came out. I've never seen anyone so pissed off in my life. I was genuinely scared and stayed away from him for several years. I was never comfortable around him anyway, but that cinched it.

The same was for Titanic. There were a few Titanic survivors still alive, and they went ballistic too. And rightfully so for those involved with both events.

We can't really blame the script writers and actors that shot the movies, they were only trying to make the movie more heart touching and maybe a little bit more dramabwas put into the movies, but I still liked titanic has a kid but I will never watch it again.

You actually can blame the script writers. THEY WROTE THE FUCKING MOVIE. And the actors share part of the blame. They could have turned down the role. And they weren't trying to make a heart touching movie, they were only interested in money.

Edited by The Blackangel

15 hours ago, Peterlight said:

Any love story series, they are kind of waste of time to me.

I think most love stories desensitize what love actually is. In so many cases they rush love and make them out to be a couple of sluts. What message does that send to young adults? Love is fast and do the deed quick as you can. It's perfectly normal. Now don't forget to put this protection on when you go to prom. Bye bye now. Sex ed is over. 

Movies always cheapen love. And they always assume it's ok for someone to put themselves in situations where they could cheat with another person. That is never ok. Movies degrade loyalty. 

Do you notice love stories always take place in a wealthy suburban home? As if everyone owns houses. So that setting makes it seem love is unreachable if you are an apartment dweller or an urbanite. And even then, they show a wealthy person in a high rise. Where is the reality in love stories? And all those reality tv shows like Bachelor, where they have the fanciest dates in beautiful places in the world. I would like to see a date at the Olive Garden and a walk in your local park. That's real. 

No matter what beautiful environment or wealthy treats, things are only as good as the company you keep. Those THINGS don't make love. YOU do. No matter where you are or the things you have. And even in Twilight which many people love. Once again love is cheapened and seems unreachable. Does a man have to be a mysterious vampire with powers? Money, power, looks, fame; the evils of so called cheap hyped up love. 

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Yeah well said @reality vs adventure.

Have you watched " like stars in the sky". It's another movie that shows pity, I just wish there could be a movie which was done in a simply and normal environment, take for example, something done in a small apartment like you said and maybe someone who doesn't really have anything to offer falling in love with some girl who is only chasing her dreams, real life story.

For a change I think the story will be great, no kidnapping, no killing, no death, no get rich by the end, just normal life and nothing more.

If I was to think the way most movie producers and script writers think, they tend to make the stories more interesting by starting with a tragedy story and ending in something we all know as happy ending and I can't blame them cos it has been working fine for years and it has turn to a tradition in the movie industry.

May be they are just scared of making an entire new movie that doesn't follow the story line and they feel like it's not going to sell or something cos all these fake stories have sold a lot since the beginning.

4 hours ago, Peterlight said:

Yeah well said @reality vs adventure.

Have you watched " like stars in the sky". It's another movie that shows pity, I just wish there could be a movie which was done in a simply and normal environment, take for example, something done in a small apartment like you said and maybe someone who doesn't really have anything to offer falling in love with some girl who is only chasing her dreams, real life story.

For a change I think the story will be great, no kidnapping, no killing, no death, no get rich by the end, just normal life and nothing more.

If I was to think the way most movie producers and script writers think, they tend to make the stories more interesting by starting with a tragedy story and ending in something we all know as happy ending and I can't blame them cos it has been working fine for years and it has turn to a tradition in the movie industry.

May be they are just scared of making an entire new movie that doesn't follow the story line and they feel like it's not going to sell or something cos all these fake stories have sold a lot since the beginning.

I haven't seen Like Stars in the Sky. I can see how movies need a story or fantasy to sell, but that sort of thing where couples are always in a big house and financially well off are even in movies that aren't romance. To me it just sends a message that simply isn't real because most people in the world don't have a house. No matter if it's a scary movie, comedy, or action, people are manipulated into thinking that successful lovers are wealthy. That image is shown across the spectrum and it kind of leaves out the majority of people who have relationships without the bling. Or maybe the message is intentional. Hollywood trying to sell America as if everyone has all the luxuries. Or maybe sell the image of the middle class which keeps dwindling. I'm probably looking too far into it. I automatically roll my eyes now every time I sit to watch a movie and it starts out as another young couple who has everything. And apartments are always a crime scene shoot em up drug deal. I don't live in an apartment in case I sound envious or something. But the portrayal of relationships in movies is repetitive and a joke.