Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Movies you just hate.

Life of Pi (2012). I get that it’s visually stunning, like any other great films that visuals are stunning. But that doesn’t make up for the boring, standstill plot and the director/writer spoon feeding and beating the audience over the head with a bat with the blatant metaphor and symbolism. I haven’t read the book but apparently it is way less boring and more subtle in the metaphor and symbolism. Then films with to much sex and love that takes over plus this gay stuff that they have to do and add to films is way to poetless and I just say, really! They can be good films without the need to add sex and love and gay people kissing for 5 hours. 

9 hours ago, Empire said:

Life of Pi (2012). I get that it’s visually stunning, like any other great films that visuals are stunning. But that doesn’t make up for the boring, standstill plot and the director/writer spoon feeding and beating the audience over the head with a bat with the blatant metaphor and symbolism. I haven’t read the book but apparently it is way less boring and more subtle in the metaphor and symbolism. Then films with to much sex and love that takes over plus this gay stuff that they have to do and add to films is way to poetless and I just say, really! They can be good films without the need to add sex and love and gay people kissing for 5 hours. 

Homophobic much?

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Homophobic much?

No, not saying I dislike it or have bad things about it. I mean I have family members who are gay 🙂 I Seen gay couple that are in love and they don't even show it and acting like man, then seen others that just shows the world and being so weird and you think OMG. THen it's there life and choice right.

On 1/13/2021 at 11:15 AM, Empire said:

Life of Pi (2012). I get that it’s visually stunning, like any other great films that visuals are stunning. But that doesn’t make up for the boring, standstill plot and the director/writer spoon feeding and beating the audience over the head with a bat with the blatant metaphor and symbolism. I haven’t read the book but apparently it is way less boring and more subtle in the metaphor and symbolism.

I actually read the book and really liked it, before seeing the movie. The problem with the movie was that it was rated PG. When I read the book, what stuck with me the most about it was the shocking violence and how straightforward and stark the descriptions were of the troubles one would face being stranded in the middle of the ocean with a tiger. The minute I saw that the movie was rated PG, I was like, "Oh, no, this is going to be awful." And, surprise, it was another bland, shiny "look at how good our CGI is" movie that everybody forgot about within a year.

I tried to watch Life Of Pi, but I just couldn't get into it. I can't say it sucked, but it had no draw for me. It was just a kid in a boat with a tiger. Nothing else. I was like "This is the movie? I could watch grass grow and be more entertained." There was another movie like that, but at the moment I don't remember the name of it. Just goes to show you how memorable these movies are.

When they first announced that Netflix was making a live action Death Note movie I was super excited. I'm a big fan of the manga and anime, so of course the live action movie would be great, right? Right? 

I could only get about halfway through before I had to stop, it was so insultingly bad. I'm sure it's an okay film if you don't know the source material, but most of the characters were just awful. I went back and finished the second half about two weeks later.

On 1/15/2021 at 1:45 PM, The Blackangel said:

There was a space movie, I wish I could remember the name, that was nothing but a 2 hour Head & Shoulders commercial. Some kids I knew had it, and neglected to tell me about what it actually was.

😐😑😐

Sounds like the 2001 movie Evolution, starring that one guy from American Pie.

20 hours ago, Anders said:

When they first announced that Netflix was making a live action Death Note movie I was super excited. I'm a big fan of the manga and anime, so of course the live action movie would be great, right? Right? 

I could only get about halfway through before I had to stop, it was so insultingly bad. I'm sure it's an okay film if you don't know the source material, but most of the characters were just awful. I went back and finished the second half about two weeks later.

Ohhhhh boy, my friend, I'm sorry you had to go through that. Lucky for me, my sister was a big Death Note fan long before I was, and warned me away from it. "Don't touch it," were her exact words, I believe. I listened to her, and from what I've heard, it was some sage advice.

I liked Death Note. Until now, I was unaware that it was anime. So maybe that's the saving grace for me. But that's often the case with movie adaptations from books, comics, and other sources. if you do one, stay the hell away from the other. But I do have to say, that I read Pet Sematary, and the movie stuck to the book pretty well. There were a couple omissions and deviations, but nothing major. Pet Sematary 2 though, was just absolutely horrible, and the remake was enough to make you puke. The same goes for the remake of It.

No mention of DragonBall Evolution? Not even at the end did they give us a proper Kamehameha. I was so freaking disappointed. I left work early to watch that garbage. I went with a group of DB fans and we just laughed through the whole thing. 

On 4/29/2021 at 5:08 PM, DarthVanity said:

No mention of DragonBall Evolution? Not even at the end did they give us a proper Kamehameha. I was so freaking disappointed. I left work early to watch that garbage. I went with a group of DB fans and we just laughed through the whole thing. 

Yeah, I totally forgot that piece of garbage existed or was it denial...If I don't think about it, it doesn't exist. As a dragonball fan myself, even among anime live-action movies, DB Evolution is the worst of the lot.