Register Now
StaceyPowers

The Last of Us HBO Show

On 3/17/2020 at 4:34 PM, Crazycrab said:

That's why the game doesn't put hardly any focus on in it, hell the fact that Ellie is gay wasn't even addressed at all until the Left Behind DLC came out.

That is true; the story wasn't even about that at all. 

On 3/17/2020 at 4:34 PM, Crazycrab said:

Now the sequel (judging from the trailers anyway) does seem to be putting a bit more focus on it but we don't know exactly how that's going play out yet.

It worked out beautifully in such an intense and dramatic game. 

Anyone would respect this series if they had any quality taste and were mature enough to not hate something they assume is meant to shove down their throat.  The show is going to get a lot more publicity, so I wonder if they even keep any romance, but I imagine they will. 

On 9/28/2021 at 10:47 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

That is true; the story wasn't even about that at all. 

It worked out beautifully in such an intense and dramatic game. 

Anyone would respect this series if they had any quality taste and were mature enough to not hate something they assume is meant to shove down their throat.  The show is going to get a lot more publicity, so I wonder if they even keep any romance, but I imagine they will. 

I somehow doubt that Neil Druckmann would approve, much less be involved if Ellie's sexual orientation was to be buried or changed. However, to be fair Ellie's sexual orientation or any romance or any kind wasn't addressed until the lest behind DLC, so if the series is based on the first, stand alone game it might not come up. I suspect that it probably will, though, like that aspect of the story will be told in flashback some other form of exposition.

16 hours ago, Shagger said:

I somehow doubt that Neil Druckmann would approve, much less be involved if Ellie's sexual orientation was to be buried or changed. However, to be fair Ellie's sexual orientation or any romance or any kind wasn't addressed until the lest behind DLC, so if the series is based on the first, stand alone game it might not come up. I suspect that it probably will, though, like that aspect of the story will be told in flashback some other form of exposition.

The story isn't about her sexuality though and I hope that they don't make it the main focus because the lore of TLOU is far more entertaining. 

On 10/1/2021 at 3:55 AM, killamch89 said:

The story isn't about her sexuality though and I hope that they don't make it the main focus because the lore of TLOU is far more entertaining. 

Well, obviously it's not gonna be the main focus, what I'm pondering is whether of nit it'll come up considering that aspect of Ellie's character wasn't addressed until the DLC came out. Like I said, I suspect it will come up, but It defiantly won't be the main focus.

Edited by Shagger

I know this topic has been gathering dust for quite some time, but I'm giving it a bump because the trailer for HBO's The Last of Us series has dropped.

I must say, the overall aesthetic is absolutely spot on. This really does look like the game. What little we saw of the infected in the trailer look really good as well. I'm really looking forward to this now.

I really like that this series appears to be including plot points from Ellie's Prequel comic hence that scene where her ankle is chained and where she first came in contact with the Fireflies and The Left Behind DLC with Riley hence the Gallopers Ride in the Ruined Mall. I think this series has everything right so far. And that clicker is spot on, I was worried they'd look a bit goofy but this is awesome make up work.

54 minutes ago, Empire said:

I really like that this series appears to be including plot points from Ellie's Prequel comic hence that scene where her ankle is chained and where she first came in contact with the Fireflies and The Left Behind DLC with Riley hence the Gallopers Ride in the Ruined Mall. I think this series has everything right so far. And that clicker is spot on, I was worried they'd look a bit goofy but this is awesome make up work.

Well spotted. Surprised I didn't pick up on that. This actually could be the most complete telling of The Last of Us we've seen yet.

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

It is a video game adaptation so I'm keeping my optimism on a tight leash, but this is looking very promising.

It's looking like it could very well be the best video game adaptation yet. At least from what I see in the trailer, it looks brilliant. Of course I'm not going in to expect a masterpiece, but it would be nice if it did become a masterpiece just like the game has. 

On 9/27/2022 at 9:41 AM, Kane99 said:

It's looking like it could very well be the best video game adaptation yet. At least from what I see in the trailer, it looks brilliant. Of course I'm not going in to expect a masterpiece, but it would be nice if it did become a masterpiece just like the game has. 

If I'm not mistaken, it's supposed to be expanded lore of the universe and not just a video game adaptation. I also agree that the trailer looks absolutely amazing.

On 9/26/2022 at 10:50 PM, Shagger said:

I know this topic has been gathering dust for quite some time, but I'm giving it a bump because the trailer for HBO's The Last of Us series has dropped.

I must say, the overall aesthetic is absolutely spot on. This really does look like the game. What little we saw of the infected in the trailer look really good as well. I'm really looking forward to this now.

I was already beginning to wonder if HBO was actually going to pull through with a TLOU series , I'm glad to see a trailer that seems to do justice to what We've come to love and appreciate about the video game.

I am looking forward to this one and hopefully its out for streaming soon.

They have debuted some new promo images showing members of the cast like Joel, Ellie Tess, and others:

https://www.eurogamer.net/hbos-the-last-of-us-debuts-new-cast-promo-images-including-joel-ellie-bill-and-frank

the-last-of-us-hbo-posters-(7).jpg   the-last-of-us-hbo-posters-(8).jpg

the-last-of-us-hbo-posters-(1).jpg   marlene-hbo-tlou.jpg

There is more in the article if you want to check them out.

I think they are looking great!  Every bit as scruffy and miserable as they should be!  The article has some has interesting information in it to.  For one it confirms that where will be at least 3 brand new characters in it.  Marlon and Florence, a married couple living in post-apocalyptic Wyoming and Kathleen, the leader of revolutionary movement in Kansas City.  Thus suggesting that at points the show at times does narratively and geographically go in a different direction at times.

It also confirms that Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson, who played Joel and Ellie in the games, will have cameo roles in the show.