Register Now
StaceyPowers

Any recommendations for Fallout NV Old World Blues DLC?

I’m partway into Old World Blues on Fallout NV for the first time. I love the dialogue, and that there is a whole new map area to explore, but I have to admit I am having a hard time with this DLC. I’m pretty useless without a companion and I forgot to bring ammo for my only decent gun. I’m level 90 or so on guns, but only like 35 for energy weapons, and almost nothing for melee.

So far, I am bleeding supplies like crazy, burning through ammo, most of which doesn’t seem to be replaceable, and barely keeping pace with replacing stimpacks and foods. I am pretty sure I will make it through without running out of everything, but it will be tight.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to make the most of my supplies, other than “run away and fast travel,” which has been my top strategy? I finally figured out last night I can use the “wait” function to regenerate health with that halo thingy on my head.

@DylanC I know this is one of your favorite Fallout DLCs. And you're always awesome with suggestions :)

10 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I’m partway into Old World Blues on Fallout NV for the first time. I love the dialogue, and that there is a whole new map area to explore, but I have to admit I am having a hard time with this DLC. I’m pretty useless without a companion and I forgot to bring ammo for my only decent gun. I’m level 90 or so on guns, but only like 35 for energy weapons, and almost nothing for melee.

So far, I am bleeding supplies like crazy, burning through ammo, most of which doesn’t seem to be replaceable, and barely keeping pace with replacing stimpacks and foods. I am pretty sure I will make it through without running out of everything, but it will be tight.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to make the most of my supplies, other than “run away and fast travel,” which has been my top strategy? I finally figured out last night I can use the “wait” function to regenerate health with that halo thingy on my head.

@DylanC I know this is one of your favorite Fallout DLCs. And you're always awesome with suggestions 🙂

Though it’s been a long while, I have a couple of things to suggest that might make your life easier in OWB:

1) IIRC, the main questline - or one of the specific side quests - of the DLC culminates in you getting some badass robotic augmentation perks that can boost your attributes. Can’t remember the name of the quest, though, sorry!

2) Listen to the new radio station. It’s got new music, which I really appreciated! I know it won’t make you stronger per se, but it may help:)

8 hours ago, DylanC said:

Though it’s been a long while, I have a couple of things to suggest that might make your life easier in OWB:

1) IIRC, the main questline - or one of the specific side quests - of the DLC culminates in you getting some badass robotic augmentation perks that can boost your attributes. Can’t remember the name of the quest, though, sorry!

2) Listen to the new radio station. It’s got new music, which I really appreciated! I know it won’t make you stronger per se, but it may help:)

The new music has been awesome! I wish it could follow me back to the main game :) Thanks!