Register Now
Shole

Lapotop Gaming is driving me crazy

So I got a new Asus Rog Strix III, worked for about 3 weeks before I had to take him to repairs. The motherboard was damaged(or that's what they told me in the repairs), the lights on the keyboard didn't work, and I had to get it repaired, only to notice that the lights under the laptop now stopped working(after being fixed). Due to me moving like almost ever year for work, I need a laptop, but it's kinda driving me crazy that I think I chose the wrong one for gaming. It heats up really quick even with a cooling pad and now it seems slower a bit after the repairs for some reason.

Anyone else playing on their laptops?

I can't wait to settle in a city and buy a desktop tbh, but for now at least I can stream even if this thing gets hot as a midsummer day.

I've been using an ASUS TUF FX505DV Gaming Laptop for about 5 months and haven't regretted it for a second. I knew buying it I would have to buy a second storage drive as it only came with a single 512Gb NVMe SSD and having all the port's on the left hand side is a little annoying, but love the GPU (GTX 2060 6GB), it performs well and it's been solid as a rock so far.

Edited by Shagger

You're probably better off with 16 GB of RAM for gaming these days. Having only 8 GB can hinder you in some games.

Laptops still aren't nearly as viable as desktops for gaming, but there are some laptops out there that can game quite competently.

I used to use a normal HP laptop for gaming a few years back and it overheated it, it was actually described as a "gaming laptop" with AMD gfx and everything but it wasn't all that great. It was running on Windows 8.1. I felt like that had an impact on the performance. I am currently typing off a HP Omen and boy what a great laptop this is, for gaming and for other uses! Not to forget to mention, it runs off Intel, which I personally think is A LOT better than AMD!

Edited by JoyFreak

AMD is actually destroying Intel in the CPU market at the moment in all sectors from low end to enthusiast. Even people who used to be Intel fanboys like Linus Tech Tips have converted to Team Red. Intel was the undisputed champion except on the lower end until Ryzen came out, but now AMD is the way to go.

Edited by MeowsePad

Yes upto 1 year to 2 year the warranty can pretty much take care of you. And you should be fine with it. I have seen the laptop gaming working out for me I am sure it would work for many people if they have graphics card and enough RAM. 

On 3/9/2020 at 1:00 AM, Shole said:

So I got a new Asus Rog Strix III, worked for about 3 weeks before I had to take him to repairs. The motherboard was damaged(or that's what they told me in the repairs), the lights on the keyboard didn't work, and I had to get it repaired, only to notice that the lights under the laptop now stopped working(after being fixed). Due to me moving like almost ever year for work, I need a laptop, but it's kinda driving me crazy that I think I chose the wrong one for gaming. It heats up really quick even with a cooling pad and now it seems slower a bit after the repairs for some reason.

Anyone else playing on their laptops?

I can't wait to settle in a city and buy a desktop tbh, but for now at least I can stream even if this thing gets hot as a midsummer day.

Sorry about that mate. Seems gaming on laptops is taking a plunge. But the latest machines can really handle the heat (literally the heat!).
I don't have a gaming specific laptop, but i have used an Asus ROG Zephyrus S GX531GX and it worked fine. Moving to desktop is also a wise thing if you don't mind forfeiting portability.  

As long as the machine can take the heat, and has 17 inch screens which are necessary in graphics work and the gaming. I thinkk gaming laptop will be new future. hell even the tablets are coming out with better processors for games.