Register Now
Crazycrab

Confirmed: Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC in the summer!

It has just been confirmed in an interview with Hermen Hulst head of PlayStation's Worldwide Studio's and former lead at Guerrilla that, Horizon Zero Dawn, is coming to PC sometime this summer.

Full interview

In my opinion, this is one the best games of this generation and I'm so glad it's being ported so that PC players can experience it and what Guerrilla's Decima engine is truly capable of.  I'm not normally an advocate for console exclusives coming to PC since I believe that exclusives do truly serve a purpose in the industry but in this case, it makes perfect sense. It's been out on PS4 for 3 years and has long since plateaued and it will get people more excited for Horizon’s up and coming sequel on the PS5.

So what are your thoughts, are you excited about this announcement and do you think Sony is doing the right thing bu opening up their IPs to PC and possibly other platforms in the future?

Edited by Crazycrab

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I own this game on a PS4 slim and it look beautiful, I'm not a PC gamer but what I like about PC is that they can max out the graphics on almost any game, I would love to see how this game runs on a high spec PC, and also I cant wait to see the crazy mods xD

Oh the possibilities!  A modded horizon could be frigging nuts!

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Oh the possibilities!  A modded horizon could be frigging nuts!

I want to see Alloy hunting Shrek xD Now that I think about it Shrek has been modded into most of the recent popular games, he is a boss in Sekiro, he is Mr X on RE2 and he is also in GTA V

PC Fan's; "Look at the hanful of posts we picked out on socil media about the minoroty of PS fans unhappy about this and blow this up as if they all feal that way! PC Master Race!"

That shit is annoying.

Anyway, happy to see PC players getting the chance to experience this game. I'm cautious about the pork as on PS4 this game didn't run like a normal game and, along with Death Stranding, will only be the second game on PC using the Decima engine. This early use of the engine on PC combined with the fact this is Sony we're talking about who will want to control this carefully, means I'm sorry @kingpotato and@Crazycrab, but I would not hold out for mod support anytime soon. Even hackers will need time to figure this one out imo. Still, a beefy PC running this could look amazing and I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Great move by Sony, and great promotion for the PS5 and the next game that is sure to come.

Edited by Shagger

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

PC Fan's; "Look at the hanful of posts we picked out on socil media about the minoroty of PS fans unhappy about this and blow this up as if they all feal that way! PC Master Race!"

Unfortunately, I have the need to make it perfectly clear that is NOT intended as a topic for arguing console and PC fanboys.  The next post even close to pushing that crap and I will request that @DC lock it immediately.

If you want to discuss any potential pro's and con's of Sony allowing this particular game on PC that's fine.  But keep the arguments civil, and rational.

Thank you.