Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you listen to regular soundtracks when you game, or do you play your own music?

When I gamed on PC, I used to turn off a lot of video game soundtracks and just play my own music. But that was mainly for FPS games where I wanted music that helped me focus and play better and which fit better to me with the mood of running and gunning.

But since gaming on console, I abandoned playing my own music, mostly just because I don’t know how to send music to my console and never bothered learning. But at the same time, I don’t really miss it since I’m playing different types of games and tend to like their soundtracks even with their repetition. Then again, I sometimes think if I started soundtracking on my own again, I’d wonder how I lived without it.

When you game, do you listen to the soundtracks that came with your games most of the time, or do you usually play your own music selection instead?

Depends on the game. If it's multiplayer like CoD I tend to play my own music, but if it's a single player game or story driven I use the in-game music. This also counts if the in-game music is freaking awesome.

Normally, I'll play my own music through YouTube. I always ensure my Adblock is turned on whilst watching or listening to any content through YT. The playlist I listen to when I'm playing any computer game is known as NoCopyrightSounds. NCS create copyright free dubstep tunes for gamers and content creators. 

Edited by Alexander.

Personally I find that I cannot concentrate on the game itself when I am listening to my own music. Perhaps it's my taste of music that is distracting or I just prefer to game without music. Especially in games such as Fortnite and COD, where you are trying to listen for any nearby footsteps, how would you concentrate with music in the background?