Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you handle the stress of bugs?

In this thread, @The Blackangel was enjoying playing Skyrim until hitting a ridiculous bug. Skyrim was the first game I got into on PS3 after being a PC gamer my whole life, so I didn't actually realize when I started playing it how exceptionally buggy that game is. So, I managed to take it in stride, learned to save a lot, and thankfully can laugh at most of the glitches. Now, of course, I heave a sigh of relief when playing just about anything else and knowing that my main enemy in the game won't be bugs.

But sometimes, bugs do really get on my nerves, and occasionally they are bad enough for me to rage quit, at least for the night. Though usually my obsessive-compulsive nature leads me toward manically refusing to quit until I have successfully gotten around the bug. I guess in a weird way, that is how I cope with the bugs I can't laugh at, since after I get through it, I know I can then relax and play onward.

How does everyone here cope with the stress and anxiety of bugs and glitches? Do you usually manage to laugh most of them off, or do they really get to you?

Edited by StaceyPowers

I haven’t touched Skyrim since that night, as I’m still pissed at it. When a bug/glitch fucks up my game, it sours me on it for a few weeks on average. I haven’t played Zelda Goddess Of Wisdom for several months now. It’s not a glitch but the problem is the boss in the third temple. You have to pull a very specific move to inflict damage. Anything else does absolutely nothing. It’s completely invincible to any other form of attack. But it still has the same effect on me.

as much as I love Skyrim it has a lot of game breaking bugs, I first got the game about 5 years ago and the original version had a game breaking bug that ruined the whole Thief story line, it was no just a quest it was a big chunk of the game, later on I repurchased the legendary version and that fixed everything, but every now and then I forget to save and I encounter a bug that will ruin hours of play, when that happens I just stop playing skyrim for a few days but eventually I go back, I really do love Skyrim

It's a stressful situation when this occurs whilst playing mid-game. Personally, the best strategy to deal with this would be to take a deep breath, in through the noise and out through the mouth and try to relax.  Try then to self-diagnose the problem, the internet is your friend. You could look at their support forum and see if other users have experienced similar problems or ask the community yourself for help, support and advice.

3 hours ago, Alexander. said:

It's a stressful situation when this occurs whilst playing mid-game. Personally, the best strategy to deal with this would be to take a deep breath, in through the noise and out through the mouth and try to relax.  Try then to self-diagnose the problem, the internet is your friend. You could look at their support forum and see if other users have experienced similar problems or ask the community yourself for help, support and advice.

Or you could invest in a good solid baseball bat.

On 5/19/2020 at 12:15 AM, Alexander. said:

I wonder if there are any out there in the form of community that can help out. 

On 5/21/2020 at 3:24 AM, SaucyPastaTho said:

I usually stop playing the game for a while wait until it's resolved or I'll just get back on later.

In case of popular titles, usually the bugs are patched lot quicker and also we don't have to push or wait away from the game for days or months. 

I remember when I was a kid in the NES/SNES era, bugs weren't a thing. Granted the games were much simpler, but no one had to worry about it. Nowadays, with the expectations and advancements, bugs are more of a threat than real world death. How many gamers have gone on gaming binges only to drop dead at their computers/consoles? And when a bug hits in a major spot in a game, how many lose their shit and go nuts? If we as gamers would just back off the developers a bit, and give them more time, I think bugs would be a hell of a lot less common and a SIGNIFICANTLY smaller issue.

On 5/20/2020 at 10:54 PM, SaucyPastaTho said:

I usually stop playing the game for a while wait until it's resolved or I'll just get back on later.

How do you handle certain situations? For example, if your in the middle of a video game and you die as a result of a bug/glitch on a multiplayer server? Do you express any emotions or rage to yourself? 

Edited by Alexander.

On 5/25/2020 at 1:59 AM, Alexander. said:

How do you handle certain situations? For example, if your in the middle of a video game and you die as a result of a bug/glitch on a multiplayer server? Do you express any emotions or rage to yourself? 

If it's online game then at the most we can report the support. But otherwise I don't think some servers would even bother with our response. 

On 5/18/2020 at 11:45 AM, Alexander. said:

Good point about checking right away to see if it is a known issue. Alas, I often just end up getting angrier at that point, as the solution usually involves a console command and I’m on a PS3 =D