Register Now
StaceyPowers

Fallout NV Old World Blues: My tips

The ammo for my good guns is dwindling or gone, but I am close to finishing the main quest line of OWB in Fallout NV. So, based on what I have learned from this playthrough, here are some tips to help other gamers not find themselves up a creek without a paddle.

• Stock up on grenades and save them up. They come in handy during the last segment of the main quest line.
  • Get a bunch of weapon repair kits and bring them with you. You'll need them to repair unique items that are ridiculously expensive to repair otherwise.
  • Come with plenty of stimpacks and lots of jet.
  • Distribute some points into energy weapons and melee if possible before you start.
  • Even if you have almost no points in melee, melee anyway. It seems much more effective than bullets.
  • "Run away" is an entirely viable strategy if you are low on ammo or health items.
  • When you get that halo thingy which regenerates health really really slowly, you can speed it up by hitting "wait" somewhere safe. As there are not many spots to sleep, this is a good way to conserve your health supplies.

Hopefully some of these suggestions will come in handy. The worst thing for me was getting down to my last weapon repair kit and being close to breaking an item I needed to complete a quest stage near the end. The repair cost otherwise was like thousands of caps.