Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Are you good at racing games?

Are you good at racing games? Has this generation or prior converted you to check them out?

Is Sony generally considered to go to console for racers?

I have played racing games before, but never competitively against others online. Played them with friends and family, whenever we didn't want to play shooters or sports related games.

If I had anything to say about my play level, I probably wouldn't manage to get in first most of the time if I play online.

The only racing game I've ever played is Gallop Racer 2003: A New Breed, a horse racing game. I guess I'm decent at it. It's a very obscure title that seems to have been more popular in Japan than in the U.S. I only managed to find it because a video rental store near me had it back in the day. I still play it from time to time.

6 hours ago, skyfire said:

NFS and few bike specific games were good. But after some time you get pretty much bored with them. 

That's the downfall of racing games. With a handful of exceptions, after a while, they all end up looking the same.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 3/18/2020 at 6:41 PM, The Blackangel said:

That's the downfall of racing games. With a handful of exceptions, after a while, they all end up looking the same.

Plus flashy cars and bikes and nothing really serious outcome even if you win the race. So kind of gets bored. 

When I was little, I played games like Mario Kart on the Nintendo 64. I thought I was pretty good at it, but I was always 5-6 years old. A little bit more recently, I played games like Need For Speed: Most Wanted on the PlayStation 2. I have no doubt that I was awesome at that game. As far as any current racing video games, I don't know if I'm good or bad at them. I don't really mess with that niche anymore. In my opinion, every Need For Speed game on the PlayStation 4 has been garbage, so I've stayed away.