Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Pokemon Go

Haven't seen this discussed recently, after the first year of the game being played by people. Do you know anyone still playing this game? If so, is the game play getting better?

I haven't actually played it, but I have seen a few people around town play it over the last couple of years. Haven't tried it myself, because of all the stories of people being inattentive of their surroundings.

I actually still play it a lot. My father and I play it together regularly- it helps make us take walks, and gives us something to do if we feel like paying for incense at home. My dad's more obsessed than I am, but he's always been that way with Pokemon games in general. I know a lot of people stopped playing it over time, but I've met plenty of people who still play regularly. You can easily find them by asking for friends on Twitter xD

Seems like it has really declined, or I just don't hear about it much anymore. I remember when Pokemon Go was first released, the craze was insane. Personally I was never a fan - it's a cool concept but not something that interested me.

Edited by ARx182

17 hours ago, ARx182 said:

Seems like it has really declined, or I just don't hear about it much anymore. I remember when Pokemon Go was first released, the craze was insane. Personally I was never a fan - it's a cool concept but not something that interested me.

Natural decline to be honest. They made it too much hyped but could not keep up with the game demands. And so it declines naturally like the Minecraft. 

On 6/15/2020 at 8:45 AM, skyfire said:

Natural decline to be honest. They made it too much hyped but could not keep up with the game demands. And so it declines naturally like the Minecraft. 

I agree, I know of another very popular game in its peak, decline in the same way because the developers could not keep up with its demand - seems to be the route for all mobile games. If only they had the work ethic of Epic Games.

Edited by ARx182

On 6/21/2020 at 9:02 AM, skyfire said:

So far only PUBG and Fortnite both are keeping on. And there are new gamers getting into the game. Pokekon is like seasonal hype. Kids play collect pokemons and move on. 

I've heard PUBG has recently blown up in certain parts of the world. I played their mobile game when it first came out because my device was incompatible for Fortnite, and it's a great game, albeit I got bored of it. As for Fortnite, Epic Games are a different animal.

On 7/2/2020 at 6:30 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I know thanks to the covid, Nintendo pulled back on a lot of the go out and play features, so most of Pokemon go can just be played from your couch.

That was long overdue, the game depended too much on people going out to play, which as unique as it is, is not everyone's cup of tea. But it's good to see that they have finally adapted the game, courtesy of covid.