Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Pokemon Go

On 3/26/2021 at 1:05 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah and the worst part is that a lot of pokemon go are likely to cause the physical contact in odd places. so yeah covid is another reason their game may not work much. 

there is also one location surfing game which too suffered during the covid. 

Not really surprised because Covid has ruined many physical socializing platforms across several industries. The only exceptions in my country are restaurants and most don't allow to sit and eat anymore.

On 7/13/2021 at 8:13 AM, Shole said:

I just came back to it and it is now way more fun since they added battles and other amazing events. It is great to get your daily steps in 😄

Are you kidding me? You took up the game once more, that's pretty interesting because I actually thought most people have given up on it. 

Does anybody still play Pokémon Go? It was super hyped up when it first came out and it seems to randomly spike in popularity depending on what the game releases but is anybody still playing it like they did when it first came out?

Moderator Edit: Merging with existing thread.

Edited by Shagger

On 7/17/2021 at 2:47 AM, Kokushibo said:

Does anybody still play Pokémon Go? It was super hyped up when it first came out and it seems to randomly spike in popularity depending on what the game releases but is anybody still playing it like they did when it first came out?

When it launched yes, not anymore. The game just lost it's novelty and it's not fun anymore. 

5 hours ago, skyfire said:

When it launched yes, not anymore. The game just lost it's novelty and it's not fun anymore. 

Are you absolutely sure that no one in the world still play the game? Perhaps, there may be someone out who still fancy the game against all odds. 

The game was crazy popular over here when it first launched and that was when I played it as well. I can't remember the exact period but I played it for a little while and then stopped after the novelty dropped like skyfire mentioned above. I haven't touched it since. 

2 hours ago, Darth said:

The game was crazy popular over here when it first launched and that was when I played it as well. I can't remember the exact period but I played it for a little while and then stopped after the novelty dropped like skyfire mentioned above. I haven't touched it since. 

Personally, I still believe that there is possibility of the game still being appreciated and played by someone out there. 

Of course. The community for the game is still large and there are a lot of people that still play the game. My younger sister actually started playing it again recently. But the popularity that it had when it first launched is definitely not there. It would be interesting to see what their current player count is.

1 hour ago, Darth said:

Of course. The community for the game is still large and there are a lot of people that still play the game. My younger sister actually started playing it again recently. But the popularity that it had when it first launched is definitely not there. It would be interesting to see what their current player count is.

Exactly, there is no way you would expect the game to just die off completely. There is always a gamer who the game is still new to. 

On 8/5/2021 at 12:17 PM, Heatman said:

Exactly, there is no way you would expect the game to just die off completely. There is always a gamer who the game is still new to. 

It's Pokemon after all - Of course it'll still have a huge fanbase. That being said, I personally haven't played it since 2017 and I don't think I'll ever touch it again.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's Pokemon after all - Of course it'll still have a huge fanbase. That being said, I personally haven't played it since 2017 and I don't think I'll ever touch it again.

Yeah exactly, there is always one or two or more people who are actually still playing it. I played it last year around July.