Register Now
Juneberry

Ask the Berry

On 3/21/2020 at 2:20 PM, The Blackangel said:

What year did/will you graduate HS?

I actually am a high school dropout- well, actually, I was expelled. I was absent more than six days a quarter because I get sick easily and have chronic conditions. I can't easily keep to a schedule/make an appointment because of this, so I haven't gotten my GED yet since my state refuses to make it legal to take online.

22 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Gaming helps my mental health too. How does it help yours?

It depends on the type of game. I find certain games, like Harvest Moon and related/similar titles relaxing when I'm anxious. I find games with some sort of fighting better for venting excess energy and anger. Every game type has an emotion it effects, I think- it just works differently for different people. 🙂

20 hours ago, Juneberry said:

I actually am a high school dropout- well, actually, I was expelled. I was absent more than six days a quarter because I get sick easily and have chronic conditions. I can't easily keep to a schedule/make an appointment because of this, so I haven't gotten my GED yet since my state refuses to make it legal to take online.

It depends on the type of game. I find certain games, like Harvest Moon and related/similar titles relaxing when I'm anxious. I find games with some sort of fighting better for venting excess energy and anger. Every game type has an emotion it effects, I think- it just works differently for different people. 🙂

That expulsion story makes me angry 😞 My chronic conditions kicked in after school luckily, but I know what it's like to be discriminated against because of them. And no online GED ... what a rotten state.

I also play games to treat my anxiety.

Wow, that's a real toughie! I'm gonna have to say story. I may have times where I skip through cut-scenes when able, but I still consider the story the vitality of a game. If there's no story or interesting characters, I find the action kind of pointless. Then again, I mostly play RPGs and simulation games- but it might be because those are what I play that I think the story is so important. The actions of creating in a simulation game mean nothing if there's no at least basic plotline to help you understand why you're working on what you're working on.