Register Now
kingpotato

Rumor - Sony wants to buy Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid and Castlevenia from Konami

I hope they don't get Castlevania. I always loved that game. The entire franchise really, and like seeing it on different platforms. As for Silent Hill and Metal Gear, they were never really my thing, so I don't care there. You can bet your ass that if Sony gets them, they will never see life on any platform but PlayStation. Guaranteed fact. PC exclusive gamers will be fucked unless they can get their hands on a hack.

Edited by The Blackangel

5 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I hope they don't get Castlevania. I always loved that game. The entire franchise really, and like seeing it on different platforms. As for Silent Hill and Metal Gear, they were never really my thing, so I don't care there. You can bet your ass that if Sony gets them, they will never see life on any platform but PlayStation. Guaranteed fact. PC exclusive gamers will be fucked unless they can get their hands on a hack.

I actually support the idea only because Konami is not interested in making anything else other than mobile games, If we want to see another Silent hill , MGS or Castlevenia game we need for Konami to sell these franchises. Unless our prayers are heard and Konami starts making good AAA games again.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

So what?  As long as Konami still owns these IP's they’ll not be available on any platform except fucking Pachinko!  Given Sony’s recent track record with 3rd party IP's like Marvel's Spiderman, The up and coming Final Fantasy 7 Remake and even several of Konami IP's in the past like Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania... Would you really prefer to see Konami continue to dick around with shit like this of over Sony exclusivity?

I'd rather see Castlvaina in the hands of EA than Konami and I'm NOT joking!  Konami selling their IP's to somebody, and I mean ANYBODY will be cause for celebration.  Not to mention that they just announced that Horizon Zero Dawn, one of their first-party games is coming to PC (TOPIC) so it's likely they wouldn't be exclusive forever anyway.

Edited by Crazycrab

It's a personal preference. I grew up on Nintendo, which is where the whole of Castlevania started. Hence, PlayStation isn't my first choice of platform. I'm not knocking PS. I'm just more Nintendo oriented. PS is a great system, with some of the best games in the world of gaming. But everyone has some little bit of brand preference/loyalty. Mine just happens to be Nintendo, and I would love to see a really great Castlevania game available for Switch, and later consoles. But if Sony buys it, there will never be another one released for any other system.

15 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

It's a personal preference. I grew up on Nintendo, which is where the whole of Castlevania started. Hence, PlayStation isn't my first choice of platform. I'm not knocking PS. I'm just more Nintendo oriented. PS is a great system, with some of the best games in the world of gaming. But everyone has some little bit of brand preference/loyalty. Mine just happens to be Nintendo, and I would love to see a really great Castlevania game available for Switch, and later consoles. But if Sony buys it, there will never be another one released for any other system.

I agree with you I wouldn't like to see Castlevania on a single console, I think that would hurt the franchise in someways. But unfortunately Konami is not willing to do anything with these franchises except putting them on mobile games and gambling machines. There is so much I would like to see of Castlevania like a new 2D scrolling game or a Dark soul type gameplay, but none of those ideas can happen with Konami. So thats why I support the idea of Sony purchasing the franchise even if it means getting the game on a single console. Still I know the feeling, I think most of us know castlevania from the NES.