Register Now
The Blackangel

Connection Issue

This is bugging the hell out of me. I'm having an issue with my Switch. Obviously I'm online with my PC. My phone has internet. I downloaded a game that I got here from @DC in the bid for rewards board a couple hours ago onto my Xbox. My Switch however, will not connect to the internet I keep getting the error message "Could not perform DNS name resolution." I don't know what the hell that means, and I've also never had this problem before with my Switch. I've been troubleshooting all damn day, and can't figure out anything. I can't download any kind of update because obviously that requires an online connection. It connects to my network device (router?) but won't connect to the internet. I have entered and reentered my password about 30 times so far. I have also restarted, and just shut it off for a while several times. No help there either. I'm completely at a loss.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Ugh. KMNP.

You will need to log into your router.  There should be a sticker on it with an I.P address, something like 192.168.1.1, along with a username and password (if there isn't, the password and username are usually admin by default).  Open a web browser on your PC and type http:// followed by the I.P address to log in.

One logged in, post a screenshot so I can take a look.

On 3/17/2020 at 12:34 PM, The Blackangel said:

This is bugging the hell out of me. I'm having an issue with my Switch. Obviously I'm online with my PC. My phone has internet. I downloaded a game that I got here from @DC in the bid for rewards board a couple hours ago onto my Xbox. My Switch however, will not connect to the internet I keep getting the error message "Could not perform DNS name resolution." I don't know what the hell that means, and I've also never had this problem before with my Switch. I've been troubleshooting all damn day, and can't figure out anything. I can't download any kind of update because obviously that requires an online connection. It connects to my network device (router?) but won't connect to the internet. I have entered and reentered my password about 30 times so far. I have also restarted, and just shut it off for a while several times. No help there either. I'm completely at a loss.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Ugh. KMNP.

Were you ever able to get this fixed?

Were you ever able to get this connection issue fixed for your switch? After researching this technical bug, I found the error code and the resolution steps from the Nintendo Support Team. It's either a problem with the DNS or ISP settings. Give this a try, and let me know how it goes. 

Edited by Alexander.

From March to June, there used to be a lot of high ping during the lockdown. I am sure unless the regular life gets started, there is no way the connection would get back to normal.  I guess we have to wait and see the public going back to real life.