Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Max Payne

Any Max Payne fans on here? When I had the games, I loved playing them. I haven't had the games in a number of years, after my old systems were tossed out. With the recent purchase of my x-box one, I am considering getting each game again.

Anyone else enjoyed them too? I personally wish they ran with it and created a 4th and 5th game. What about you?

31 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm not familiar with Max Payne. What's it about?

Its a cop in NY, his daughter and wife got murdered so he has to uncover the misery behind it. There is only a few cutscenes most of the game unfolds like a comic book, its more like noir type story. But this type of art only applies to the first and second game, the third one is still pretty good but is more like a standard action movie. And it also has some cool matrix slow motion moves.

I played the first game briefly and have played 3 a bit. If you haven't played 3, I recommend giving it a shot. It's essentially Max payne, but with cutscenes instead of comic strips. As well, it had a fun mutliplayer mode. Sadly, I doubt that's still active. 

I finished the first two games last year and did a write-up for the first on r/patientgamers, the second game having little else to add to it. Very good neo-noir games that I'm glad I played and may come back to in the future, and revitilised a love of third-person shooters. I'd recommend them for anyone who can stomach the hassles I had with mods.

Got the Max Payne bundle packs and also have some of the games keys on sale on my marketplace site 🙂 Also did a giveaway on stream. Yet never really got into the game, just not a fan of the game. Yeah, I played it but not something that I would do for hours to years on end.  

Anyone else things that this game is worth playing and buying, I mean the newest game isn't that good in my mind