Register Now
Dead2009

Sports Legends That Ended Up Leaving Your Team/City

If you follow sports religiously, then you have more than likely seen a player develop into one of the best of all time and then leave via free agency. Whether it be players like LeBron James leaving Cleveland (the first time), Peyton Manning leaving Indianapolis and now Tom Brady leaving the Patriots, what player turned legend ended up leaving your team?

In Baltimore, we really haven't had any true legends leave except Ed Reed and Terrell Suggs, but there were some in recent years such as Manny Machado and Joe Flacco who were cut or traded.

On 4/9/2022 at 1:33 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Lionel Messi left his club of his career to PSG. IAM a core FC Barcelona fan, it was very hard to digest such departure of our legend. 

It took me a long time to get over Messi's departure from Barcelona.

But at this point I am happy he left atleast he has stayed in Barcelona for a good number of years and has made a long lasting impact on the club.

On 7/20/2022 at 4:54 PM, Clasher said:

It took me a long time to get over Messi's departure from Barcelona.

But at this point I am happy he left atleast he has stayed in Barcelona for a good number of years and has made a long lasting impact on the club.

I didn't mind him leaving Barca even though it was weird because I understood the financial ramnifications but joining PSG is what really annoyed me. PSG will not win the UCL even if they're the only ones in it and they're in a league that has no real competition and that's why they win it every season.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I didn't mind him leaving Barca even though it was weird because I understood the financial ramnifications but joining PSG is what really annoyed me. PSG will not win the UCL even if they're the only ones in it and they're in a league that has no real competition and that's why they win it every season.

I don't really care much about what happens in the french league and even if the UCL eludes them atleast Lionel Messi already has some to his name.

On 12/15/2020 at 11:18 AM, bomb said:

Henry. He left arsenal when we need him the most to continue being the champion of England. He left to Barcelona because of champion league title. 

I think that had more to do with the financial situation Arsenal found themselves in at the time with the Emirates Stadium so they had to sell off their players to help pay for the stadium debt.

On 11/2/2022 at 6:27 AM, Justin11 said:

Lionel is my favorite soccer player and one of the greatest players to ever grace the world of soccer, after so many years of playing for Barcelona was taken to psg via free agency as well.

I wonder where he'll go in 2023 after his contract expires with PSG? There are rumors of him going to the MLS but Messi has at least two more years in him.