Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
Jayson

The US Government Giving Citizens Money

They plan to give everyone, aside from doctors, billionaires etc.. around $1,000, maybe more I think.  Do you think this will heal the economic fallout?  Well, it seems like even Republicans are backing this - possibly cause the economy will tank - without government intervention.

They're not giving it. They're loaning it. And we will have to pay it back with a minimum of 100% interest. So basically if we get $1000, we will have to pay the government back $2000. It's a way to screw the citizens. It's not helping anyone, it's crippling those of us who can barely support ourselves even further.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

They're not giving it. They're loaning it. And we will have to pay it back with a minimum of 100% interest. So basically if we get $1000, we will have to pay the government back $2000. It's a way to screw the citizens. It's not helping anyone, it's crippling those of us who can barely support ourselves even further.

Have a source on this? 

Even if it isn't a loan, it's way too little too late. 

It was in my news feed on my phone. I get a bunch of stories from different sources. Things like The Huffington Post, CNN, The Washington Post, and other news outlets. I honestly don't remember which one it was that I read that on.

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I doubt that I mean we probably would have to pay taxes on the free money, but not interest, mostly interest-free payments.