Register Now
StaceyPowers

Odd Twitch Ad

I have to post about this weird Twitch ad I just saw, because it made me laugh. It showed an image from an FPS game, and then the text said something like, “If your idea of camping doesn’t involve sleeping bags or tents, you are already one of us. Join now.”

I get that it is a cute pun or whatever, but on the whole, most gamers’ attitudes toward camping in FPS games are quite negative. It seems almost like the person who designed this ad was unaware of that, and just thought, “Okay, here’s some lingo I can reference.”

Does anyone else think this ad text is something of a misfire/mistake?

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think this looks like a way to generate new types of the gamers who fall for this type of the clickbait. 

I hate clickbait though I understand artists and streamers use it to generate tons of revenue. Slap a sticker of justin bieber or whatever is relevant make a bunch of money and call it a day.

On 3/25/2020 at 9:34 PM, SaucyPastaTho said:

I hate clickbait though I understand artists and streamers use it to generate tons of revenue. Slap a sticker of justin bieber or whatever is relevant make a bunch of money and call it a day.

Yeah a lot of time the revenue generation is the reason and misguiding is often ignored.