Register Now
kingpotato

Recommend Fighting games

I kinda want to get a new Fighting game, I already own Injustice 2 but wanted something different from the Mortal Kombat formula. 
Can someone recommend a Fighting game and tell us why is good ? mostly I want to hear why the gameplay mechanics of such game are good

I recommend Soul Calibur. Specifically Soul Calibur 2. The adventure part is extremely outside the formula of a fighting game. Get it on Game Cube. Link was the exclusive character on that one. And with all the weapons and abilities you can unlock as you progress, the game offers so much. Also it has a practice mode with no health bar or time limit. You can choose whether you want your opponent to just stand there, or if you want them to fight back. The adventure gets more and more sadistic as you go. I quit doing the adventure when I was starting the fights with 1/4 health and the enemy was invisible with only part of their weapon visible. That bullshit was more than I was willing to tolerate.

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I recommend Soul Calibur. Specifically Soul Calibur 2. The adventure part is extremely outside the formula of a fighting game. Get it on Game Cube. Link was the exclusive character on that one. And with all the weapons and abilities you can unlock as you progress, the game offers so much. Also it has a practice mode with no health bar or time limit. You can choose whether you want your opponent to just stand there, or if you want them to fight back. The adventure gets more and more sadistic as you go. I quit doing the adventure when I was starting the fights with 1/4 health and the enemy was invisible with only part of their weapon visible. That bullshit was more than I was willing to tolerate.

My issue with other fighting games is that the combos feel so tedious. Then again Tekken could be like that as well because it's been a while since I actually played it. If it's on PS now I'll probably check that out.

6 hours ago, SaucyPastaTho said:

My issue with other fighting games is that the combos feel so tedious. Then again Tekken could be like that as well because it's been a while since I actually played it. If it's on PS now I'll probably check that out.

SC2 came out on Game Cube, PS2, and Xbox. I think SC5 is the current one. It may be up to 6 though. I haven’t really kept up with the series. I remember in SC2, the combos were really easy. I always used Kilik. I was best with him and really went far in the game.

16 hours ago, SaucyPastaTho said:

My only recommended game would be tekken because that was the only game I ever liked. I played it on the PS2, never played the new one though.

Never have I ever played Tekken , I think... I mean I know the series, the characters and the whole demon blood thing but I have never played one. What makes Tekken's game play different from Mortal Kombat or Street fighter ?

16 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Ah yes Soul calibur  2 is a great game, I played the ps2 version, it has the old guy from Tekken as guest and I believe the Xbox version had Ryu from Ninja Gaiden. I've been thinking of getting Soul Calibur 6 the most recent game, this one has Geralt of Rivia from the Witcher 3 as a guest character, but the main reason why I want is because of the character creation system, its hilarious xD just google created characters on Soul Calibur 6 and you will find some crazy shit, from Sonic to Thanos.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

I heard about this one before, I think I will try it if a sale comes out. Are the controls difficult ?

It goes for about 20 bucks so you wont be breaking the bank if you got it now and no, not really, although there are some characters that have crappy attacks.

On 3/28/2020 at 9:29 AM, Dead2009 said:

It goes for about 20 bucks so you wont be breaking the bank if you got it now and no, not really, although there are some characters that have crappy attacks.

Doesnt sound bad, but I guess I will still wait for a sale.

To get your fingers used to the motions, I would suggest either Street Fighter 2 or Mortal Kombat. Like the originals on SNES and Sega. Those will get you going. Then once your fingers are familiar with how to move, you could move up to more advanced games like Soul Calibur.