Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you listen to game soundtracks when you aren’t gaming?

Are there any game soundtracks you enjoy so much that you play them even when you are doing something else, despite having heard them over and over while playing?

For me, the Skyrim and Oblivion soundtracks are some of the best work and study music out there. They are not obtrusive, and they also immediately put me into a “task completion” mindset, so they are work-conducive by default. And I never get sick of them, so I listen to them a lot when I am working.

I also listen to the bard songs from DA: Inquisition pretty often lately. DA seems to be one of the best series for reducing my anxiety, so just putting on the bard music can make me feel more calm and relaxed.

23 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Are there any game soundtracks you enjoy so much that you play them even when you are doing something else, despite having heard them over and over while playing?

Absolutely. Today I was playing the Afterlife Lower Level music from Mass Effect 2 while working out. 

6 minutes ago, Juneberry said:

Sometimes, yes! I love the opening songs to the Rune Factory games and play them as I would other music. The rest of the OST is great too, but that's better for writing certain kinds of scenes.

I'm a fan of Rune Factory games, too. I liked Harvest Moon the best, though.

For me it all depends if the tracks have good songs on them. For example 115 Black ops zombies was an amazing song and the one with Johnny Cash I think it was for Mob of the dead. Other than that I often don't listen to gaming tracks. Mostly hip-hop/rap makes my day for me.

I never listen to music whilst I'm gaming, unless it's a part of the game, but I do sometimes put on some background music whilst I'm waiting in a lobby for friends to come online/ready up. I listened to Oh My by Nines a few times recently to pump me up before the game starts.