Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Games you wish were updated.

What game do you wish was updated to current gaming engine standards, making it more playable now, compared to when it first came out?

For me, I wish one of my favorite old games Dune 2000 was rebuilt with a current gaming engine. I feel that the series in general would be more playable if it were updated to work with better systems and graphics.

23 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

A remastered version would be nice, I originally played it on the Wii, not the best controllers but still a fun game

Agreed. Remastered version would be cool, too. It's easier on the PC, though.

1 hour ago, Roboticist said:

Agreed. Remastered version would be cool, too. It's easier on the PC, though.

If we’re talking about the same game, there is a remastered version of Bully. It’s on Xbox One. I’ve seen it at Walmart every time I’ve gone there for over a year. I’m not particularly an Xbox fan, or I would have picked it up by now.

On another note, the first time I played it was on PS2.

47 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

If we’re talking about the same game, there is a remastered version of Bully. It’s on Xbox One. I’ve seen it at Walmart every time I’ve gone there for over a year. I’m not particularly an Xbox fan, or I would have picked it up by now.

Really? There is? I didn't know, thanks for telling me. I'm the same too, I'm not a big fan of Xbox aswell.

Yeah, same here-- I remember getting it at the store in 2006. Good times!

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Ah yes they have been remastering the game on almost every console since the xbox 360 but they all kinda look the same, the only upgrades are the shades and polygons

The only problem I have, is that all too often remasters and updates ruin the game. Take the original Legend Of Zelda. If they were to remaster it with updated graphics it would absolutely ruin the game. A huge part of the charm of the game is the 8 bit graphics. Granted when we were all 6 the graphics were amazingly advanced until the SNES came out. That's when we said NES sucked. But looking back at it, that was one of the best things about the game.

Call of Duty World at War - hands down! 

This was my favorite game growing up. I remember the first time connecting online and playing zombie games with people around the world (how exciting). The multiplayer was fantastic, but the story mode beats all other COD versions, in my opinion. If there was a bunch of free time for developers, I'd love to see some of the old CODs remastered.