Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Being able to visit locations in games, if it was real.

For those games that have locations in the real world (or even locations that are fictional), what place in the game would you like to be able to visit, if you could (and if the location was real)?

I would love to visit the planet Naboo, if it was real. Played plenty of Star Wars games, and watched the movies, and based on the beauty of the planet via portrayal of it in the games and movies, it would be a nice place to visit.

Lake Hylia in Zelda. Specifically the version from Ocarina. The tranquility of the lake is just calming to me. There have been several times in real life that I’ve started up the game just to take Link there and just leave him alone so I can look at the water. Since I can’t do that IRL anymore, it’s a nice release for me in game.

I would have said the GTA map when I was younger, but that is basically the States, particulary LA (based off GTA V). Somewhere on the Fortnite map is a shout, a trip to Tilted Towers with the boys would be a good laugh. 

I don't really have a good answer for this question, but it reminded of that one time I went to the Boston-ish area of Massachusetts for a funeral, after having sunk 500+ hours into Fallout 4 by that point. It was very surreal, driving down the interstate and seeing all the familiar location names on the highway signs, locations I was only familiar with because I'd seen them in that game. "Ugh, no, we can't stop in Concord." "Why?" "Preston is there, he's gonna make me fight a deathclaw in a power armor suit... Look, it's a whole thing, OK?"

Most games I play aren't exactly set in great holiday locations. So there aren't that many I'd want to visit.

Ever since playing Test Drive Unlimited, I wanted to visit Oahu, but I fear it would not live up to my expectations.

A fictional place that I would love to visit is Auroa from Ghost Recon Breakpoint. Of course without the murderous mercenaries and drones.