Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Space Travel and Colonization

How long do you think it will take us to get out of our home planet, and actually establish some permanent or temporary settlement off of our planet?

I think that if all these companies that state that the goal of their companies, is to go out and plant a pod or permanent settlement on something; and actually did it; I would say it would be feasible in the next 10 years. Though some of the ones that state that their goal was to try to leave by now, has royally screwed up big time in actually getting things built and funded.

I think it'd be a long time off. Then when it does happen, it will only be the bigwigs leaving us little guys behind. Only the rich would be able to afford this type of luxury. I would honestly prefer to stay on this planet. It's 'home'. 

That just shows the parasites that humans are. To destroy the planet we live in and colonize another, then another, and leave a trail of death as we parasitize our homes spreading and taking all the resources without giving anything in return. Sounds exciting and all, but we are no better than a tapeworm swimming in shit. The rich are thinking of how to leave their eggs behind to carry on the parasitism. 

On 3/26/2021 at 9:27 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

That just shows the parasites that humans are. To destroy the planet we live in and colonize another, then another, and leave a trail of death as we parasitize our homes spreading and taking all the resources without giving anything in return. Sounds exciting and all, but we are no better than a tapeworm swimming in shit. The rich are thinking of how to leave their eggs behind to carry on the parasitism. 

It's a fact that humanity are one of the main contributors to the destruction of our own planet. We've wiped out countless species of animals and humans continuously have a need to consume without contributing anything back to the good of nature or this planet.