Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Games that end the game if you cheat

There are a number of games that have been made over the years, that will automatically end the game if you cheat (use a glitch, type in cheats, or input a button combo on your controller). Have you played any games that have done this to you before?

I have done this a few times over the years, to just see what would happen if I used them. Always liked how various games would tackle people trying to cheat in a game, if the cheat wasn't programmed into it.

Minecraft ends the game if you resort to this, whether it's a hacked client or using cheat commands. Without a challenge, objective or some form of difficulty in any video game you play, there is no fun and you'll soon become bored of playing. You may gain temporary pleasure by "cheating" but it won't be long term.

Edited by Alexander.

On 5/20/2020 at 12:16 AM, Alexander. said:

Minecraft ends the game if you resort to this, whether it's a hacked client or using cheat commands. Without a challenge, objective or some form of difficulty in any video game you play, there is no fun and you'll soon become bored of playing. You may gain temporary pleasure by "cheating" but it won't be long term.

I think there are server that have managed to counter this anti-hack server patches. I think on that context anti cheat often may not work. 

I used to create items for Diablo 2 that could power game my characters. It wasn't hard to write the script. And I was able to do it so that the game didn't read it as a cheat. I always wrote all the abilities I wanted into a ring. The game couldn't tell the difference between a ring found ingame, and one that was home made. It was a bit difficult to code it at first, but after a while, it became second nature. But that was also almost 20 years ago. I would have to relearn how to write code in the game all over again. I guess that's why I'm just a story writer in the game crew I'm part of.

On 5/21/2020 at 10:02 AM, skyfire said:

I think there are server that have managed to counter this anti-hack server patches. I think on that context anti cheat often may not work. 

Yes you are right, some owners have installed a plugin known as NoCheatPlus which prevents users from hacking, cheating or exploiting their server. Hacked clients don't work on some multiplayer servers though, but may work on others. It's also important to note that there is no anti-cheat system in place for Single Player Mode. 

Edited by Alexander.

18 hours ago, Alexander. said:

Yes you are right, some owners have installed a plugin known as NoCheatPlus which prevents users from hacking, cheating or exploiting their server. Hacked clients don't work on some multiplayer servers though, but may work on others. It's also important to note that there is no anti-cheat system in place for Single Player Mode. 

I think games like the PUBG and the fortnite must be the moving target as they continue to have the cheaters in the game. 

On 1/5/2021 at 11:41 PM, Patrik said:

This is actually a decent punishement as cheating kills the fun in games already, i actually never knew that such anti-cheating measures exist.

Seriously, it's something that is very interesting to me as far as cheating is involved in video games play. Although some people would argue its extremeness but it's something that I like.