Register Now
StaceyPowers

What will you do with your current console/games when you get a PS5 or Xbox Series X?

When you get a new console, what do you do with your existing one? When you get a PS5 or Xbox Series X, what will you do with your PS4 or Xbox One? What about your PS3 or Xbox 360?

I am assuming that most people will mainly play their new consoles, and put their old ones on some sort of rotation schedule if they don’t have room to have them all out and need them to play certain games.

I don’t have a PS4, but I imagine if I did that I would gift it to someone, as PS4 games are supposed to run on PS5.

As I have only a PS3 and don’t expect the PS5 to have backwards compatibility with my PS3 games, I will keep my PS3 out and find a spot for the PS5 to be out simultaneously. I expect I’ll be playing both equally to start with since I am still deep in the middle of a number of PS3 games. But I expect to be using my PS3 regularly for as long as it works. And whenever it stops working, I probably will replace it, unless by then there are compatible remasters of all my beloved PS3 games for PS5.

What will you do with your current consoles and games when you get a new console?

I have little to no interest in the new consoles coming out. I highly doubt that with one, possibly two, exceptions I won’t even have any games in my sights. I’m a God Of War fan, and Castlevania fan. Castlevania has kinda slacked iff in recent years, but I still enjoy the older games. Eventually everyone will be playing their PS15’s and I’ll still be playing my PS3.

Assuming my crippled ass is still alive at that point.

3 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Although i'm not sure if I'm actually going to get one of the new consoles at launch this time.

Smart move. It's a better idea to wait past launch. Prices go down, bugs fixed, more games available. If I have interest in a new system, I always wait a minimum of a year past launch to seriously look into getting one. But the last time that happened was PS3.

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

I am wondering if the people post lockdown may end up selling a lot of consoles and their game collections. 

I can't say anything for anyone else, but I am definitely not selling mine. I may sell some of the duplicate systems I have, but I'm not selling any of the ones that I have hooked up to play.

Edited by The Blackangel