Register Now
TheSteelyardDweller

do u think new consoles will be more or less expensive cause of coronavirus?

Even before the corona virus there where already speculations that the price was going to be high due to the cost of the components to build the consoles. With the virus I dont think the price will go higher but most likely they are not going to produce as many consoles as they did with the ps4 or the xbox one at launch

I wouldn't think it's even possible to recognize that beforehand. COVID-19 messes it up so badly that, once they reach the shelves, I still think we're going to be taken by surprise with prices. We won't know until the pandemic is over for sure. Look at how much economic damage COVID-19 has caused so far! 

Edited by Alexander.

I think the bigger issue also is the delivery. Some places may not get the delivery that easily. And on that front world will take longer time to recover as well. It all depends on the delivery and the logistics way of reaching it to the rest of the world. 

On 5/18/2020 at 11:39 AM, Alexander. said:

I wouldn't think it's even possible to recognize that beforehand. COVID-19 messes it up so badly that, once they reach the shelves, I still think we're going to be taken by surprise with prices. We won't know until the pandemic is over for sure. Look at how much economic damage COVID-19 has caused so far! 

I think that you are right about that; trying to make predictions right now is probably a waste of time, and it is best to just save up as much as we can and hope for the best.

On 5/19/2020 at 4:20 AM, skyfire said:

I think the bigger issue also is the delivery. Some places may not get the delivery that easily. And on that front world will take longer time to recover as well. It all depends on the delivery and the logistics way of reaching it to the rest of the world. 

Good point—I am sure not looking forward to my console taking months to ship to me, but there is a chance we could see huge delays.

17 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I think that you are right about that; trying to make predictions right now is probably a waste of time, and it is best to just save up as much as we can and hope for the best.

Good point—I am sure not looking forward to my console taking months to ship to me, but there is a chance we could see huge delays.

I would also like to point out that, as non-essentials haven't been running, this has put the gaming industry at a big disadvantage too. Game releases would be put on hold, and this includes new titles which were in the design stage. We are definitely behind, the sector should be able to bounce back after the pandemic though.

I don't think COVID-19 will affect console prices. Lockdown seems to be all but over, surely it cannot affect the prices anymore. If there is a second wave during the release of the PS5 then maybe they will increase the price. Who knows?

Depends on what consoles you are talking about, for example PS4 will be cheaper not because of the pandemic, but because of the release of PS5, also PS5 will be costing more than its release price due to the pandemic and lack of stock