Register Now
The Blackangel

The Problem With Fighting Games

I am so sick of fighting games. They are always the same thing, over and over and over and over. Never any new characters, never any new moves, never any new story. MK, SF, KI, SC all keep up with the same bullshit in every edition. The only change is the damn graphics. At least when Killer Instinct came out on SNES, it was different. It introduced characters like Cinder, Glacius, Fulgore, and Spinal. Characters that weren't human. Jago was a true ninja, unlike the characters in, say, Mortal Kombat. And also next to impossible to use. But when N64 came out, they made no effort to improve the game. Just the graphics. I would love to see something truly original, but the problem there is that the fighting genre has been run so far into the ground, that it would be embarrassing to the developers to even make one.

It's truly sad.

Im not a fan of fighting games but I will disagree. I do see an improvement in the latest fighting games in terms of gameplay, sure story modes have always been shit and even more recently ,except for injustice this game actually has a decent story mode. Character wise I agree there hasnt been anything new, all the current fighting games out there are recycling old characters or taking characters from movies or comics. But I do see a big improvement in gameplay, its not gound breaking but most fighting games have improved with each installment.

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

DBZ is not actually just an action game, it is more or less RPG type of the engine in all of those games. Like move to X places and then go ahead with X and Y etc. So it's not just action game. 

Which Dragonball game are you talking about?  There have been several including Dragonball FighterZ a couple of years ago which is what I assumed was the one under dicussion on this thread.

The only fighting game I’ve played in recent memory is UFC 3, if you count that. In my opinion, it is different to the traditional fighting games, mainly because it involves UFC moves such as grappling. Nonetheless, it was really fun for a while but it didn’t take too long for me to overplay the game and become bored of it.