Register Now
Family sedan

Hi. I'm Family sedan.

Welcome to the forums, but I'm a little confused. You would have called yourself "Super Sexy Sports Car", but went for "Family sedan"? It's the internet, nobody would criticize you for exaggerating lol.

I kid, glad to have you here.

At the moment, I've been forced to drive what I was able to find. I have to have a disability van with a ramp for my power chair. So I'm in a Pontiac right now. But the last Chevy I owned was a 91 S-10. I drove it forever until the transmission finally blew. I couldn't afford to fix it, so I had to junk it. Since then, due to being on disability, I had to drive what I could afford, which usually led me to cars that would die within a year. Typically because the previous owner didn't keep up with required maintenance, like oil changes. When you're broke you can't afford to be choosy. But at least Pontiac is owned by GM. So that's a plus. But if I had the option I would be driving either an Avalanche, Colorado, or a Trailblazer. I love all 3. But probably the Trailblazer though. I'm a bit of a sucker for SUV's.

Edited by The Blackangel

The two Chevys I've owned were a '94 Caprice Classic and an '03 Impala.  I had the Caprice from '03-'06 and the Impala from '06-'17.  Caprice was the more durable car.  The Impala needed an engine rebuild at about 57,000 miles, pure Wagner era dark ages technology compared to Caprice, but Impala offered more fuel mileage and better handling, so there is that.  Right now I have no car and am saving to move out on my own.  You're talking about Transport Montana, right?

Yeah it's a Montana. It needs work, right now. When I'm sitting at a light, it sounds like the transmission is grinding some. But when I get going the noise stops. I'm wanting to get some money saved up and try to trade it in and get a new one. Don't get me wrong, it's a great van. The only problem I have with it as far as opinion goes is that the ramp deploys from the side, which can make parking a bitch, even in the handicapped spots. People like to park within 6" of you which means I can't load my damn chair. If the load was from the back instead, that wouldn't raise a problem. But I don't know, I kinda like the way it's set up. It's a really nice van. I got lucky with it. I got it for $8000. I sold the car I had before that for $4700, so that covered more than half of it. Now aside from the chair, the most valuable thing I own is my skull collection and my Zippo collection. SO if I need money desperately, I could dip into them. I don't want to, but I could if I have to.