Joust
Mario Bros (NOT SMB)
Pac-Man
Pitfall
Q*Bert
Space Invaders
Swordquest: Earthworld
Swordquesr: Fireworld

That’s just a quick list. It’s not a complete list, but just a few of my regulars. But I want to note that NONE of these are that flashback bullshit. They are ALL the real thing.

Edited by The Blackangel

I feel like you cannot go wrong with any of the old classics from the Mario series as they are still so enjoyable now. My favourites at the time were Super Mario Bros on the Nintendo DS and Mario Kart on the Nintendo Wii. Back then I was fully geared up for the latter as I had the steering wheel to beat those little plumbers in style. 😉 More recently though I played a version of it on my friends Nintendo Touch and although it was enjoyable, it sadly did not have the same feeling of nostalgia or authenticity! 

1 hour ago, 22_22 said:

I feel like you cannot go wrong with any of the old classics from the Mario series as they are still so enjoyable now. My favourites at the time were Super Mario Bros on the Nintendo DS and Mario Kart on the Nintendo Wii. Back then I was fully geared up for the latter as I had the steering wheel to beat those little plumbers in style. 😉 More recently though I played a version of it on my friends Nintendo Touch and although it was enjoyable, it sadly did not have the same feeling of nostalgia or authenticity! 

Wow, you are young. I have never heard the words "Wii" and "nostalgia" in the same sentence. But then again, I'm coming from the Atari/Colecovision/NES era. I remember when the NES came out in 1985, the graphics and capabilities of the system were so high tech, everyone was blown away. Now people look at it and think something like "Those poor people. They had to suffer through something like that." I get a kick out of that. But something that pisses me off, is people playing the flashback/classic/mini consoles and thinking they have had a true experience with the old stuff. That shit is nothing more than an emulator.

Also I have never heard of a Nintendo Touch. What is it? A successor to the Switch, or the next thing Nintendo is releasing to keep up with the PS5 and Xbox Series X?

Edited by The Blackangel

On 5/4/2020 at 9:49 PM, 22_22 said:

I think after some time mario series gets boring, same with the sonic too. There are however some other good games out there which can be worth playing, like say contra for example. 

But isn't that the norm for a huge number of game series? So many make carbon copies of the previous entry just so they can make a sequel. The only real difference is the capabilities of the platform it's played on. COD, GTA, GOW, AC, Sports, Sonic, Mario, the list goes on. Some I listed are favorites of mine. Some, not so much. But still they get repetitive. Some games in a franchise are only a half step away from literally being the exact same thing puked up again but just with a slightly different title.

On 5/6/2020 at 3:03 PM, Dead2009 said:

The argument can be made that Contra is literally the same game over and over, though. Cant claim Mario and Sonic are boring because theyre repetitive or what have you but then say Contra isnt.

To some extent every other FPS game in a way is same. So is the action, mythology games too. It's just that we need strong story otherwise its hack and slash in every game.