Register Now
GeppyX

I don’t know where to go in Skyrim

I was afraid this would happen. I love games but many times I get lost and go around and around. Right now in Uncharted I’m in the woods. Walking around and around endlessly and have no idea where to go. 

What am I supposed to do? Just keep wandering?

That may be true. But do you have any general strategy when you’re in the forest just wandering? I do use YouTube but I’m wondering if you have any general tips When you’re searching for where to go in such a big space.

It's fairly easy to find your way around in Skyrim, the map and user interface can tell you where to go. Once you have selected a quest (or quests) from the "Quests" tab in the main menu, such as below;

skyrim3.thumb.jpg.2e53ada8f7790e9c64a73abfa22b636b.jpg

Markers to indicate where to go appear on the map (here's how it looks with the marked location(s) are in view);

skyrim4.jpg.e9691600a8b22fb191db8f14aed97312.jpg

(...and if the marked location(s) are off-screen)

skyrim2edit.jpg.4f62bd9ced18a5ba01a7fa795de65ce5.jpg

Markers also appear on the horizontal compass at the top of the gameplay screen to show you which direction to go to reach the maker from where your character currently is.

skyrim1edit.thumb.jpg.8d3af44df1a79a68c7d84b21d0ea432e.jpg

I hope that helps.

Edited by Shagger

29 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I have one question about Skyrim. Are you supposed to stay with the guy you initially escaped the tower with throughout the game, or go off on your own?

You can go off on your own right away if you want, or you can follow the guy as far as Riverwood (getting a brief tutorial on The Standing Stones along the way) and meet his family in Riverwood who can give you supplies and direct you toward Whiterun for the next quest on the main story. Which family you meet of course depends on whether you follow Hadvar or Ralof into the keep during the Helgen attack. Each family will talk to you and give you equally interesting, but opposing views on the political situation happing in Skyrim. Ralof and his family support the Stormcloaks, whereas Hadvar and his family support the Empire. This doesn't impact on the rest on the game, It's just an interesting insight into the views of these people with regard to the war.

Edited by Shagger

Thank you @Shagger. I had been wondering about that, which is why I've held off on playing for a bit, as once we got to that village (I'm assuming Riverwood?) that is where the game completely crashed in my initial attempt at playing. I didn't know if there was something else that I was supposed to do that I missed, or something. Maybe it was just a PS3 thing though. Hopefully Switch will offer a better experience.

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

Thank you @Shagger. I had been wondering about that, which is why I've held off on playing for a bit, as once we got to that village (I'm assuming Riverwood?) that is where the game completely crashed in my initial attempt at playing. I didn't know if there was something else that I was supposed to do that I missed, or something. Maybe it was just a PS3 thing though. Hopefully Switch will offer a better experience.

Yeah, that definitely sounds like a bug, and the PS3 version of the game in particular is notorious for them. The Switch port is the definitive version with the DLC, graphical updates and,most of all a lot of patching, so should be much better.