Register Now
SoraHeartSoul

Nintendo Love

Name me your favorite game on the Nintendo console. I notice that most of the forums on this website focus on Playstation, Xbox and Steam. Not that I don't like that because I love the platform and consoles, but show Nintendo some love. It can be games not made from Nintendo that are on a specific console. Like Rabbids Go Home for the Nintendo Wii

youtube.com/watch?v=8Jv3hyPYMbI 

Which Nintendo console we discussing? My all time favourite Nintendo made game would be Zelda: Majora's Mask.

The N64 was a beast with Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon - just so many!

The GameCube was one of my favourite consoles and had some amazing games such as Wind Waker, Metroid Primes, Super Mario Sunshine, Smash Bros: Melee, Metal Gear Remake and Resident Evil 4.

My all time favorite game on the NES was Blaster Master. On SNES it was probably Zelda A Link To The Past. Maybe Legend Of The Mystical Ninja. On N64 it was hands down Zelda Ocarina Of Time. I hated Game Cube, and wasn't a particularly big fan of the Wii either. With Switch there are so many DDL games and physical games to pick from it's impossible to pick one. Many of my favorites from the old days have been remastered, or at lest ported to the Switch. The three that I play the most however, are FF8, Goblin Sword (DDL), and Zelda Links Awakening.

For me the best complete console was the Wii, it had a bunch great games like Mario Galaxy and it was retro compatible with Gamecube , alsl it had the best virtual console with access to NES, SNES, and N64 games. It was even better if it was modded, the best retro console.

On 5/5/2020 at 9:09 AM, kingpotato said:

For me the best complete console was the Wii, it had a bunch great games like Mario Galaxy and it was retro compatible with Gamecube , alsl it had the best virtual console with access to NES, SNES, and N64 games. It was even better if it was modded, the best retro console.

@kingpotato I hate to break it to you, but there is nothing about the Wii that is retro. Playing NES/SNES/N64 games on it is nothing more than an emulator.

I loved the N64 but in terms of favorite games, I have to include Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 on my list as well as the SNES Mortal Kombat games. On N64 though, Ocarina of Time is still one of my most loved games. I must have played through it over 10 times. 

Only 10? I've played it hundreds of times. The sad thing is there's still one part that I need a guide for. The Water Temple. I'm so hopelessly horrible at that temple, that I just can't get through it without a guide. And believe me, I've tried countless times. Everything else, no guide needed.

As for DKC, I HATE that series. It goes above and beyond pissing me off to the point that I've broken a lot of systems, controllers, and cartridges. I got so pissed off once when I was a kid that I threw the whole thing in the yard, grabbed my shotgun, and unloaded into it. I felt better in the moment, but I still had to buy a new system.

As you can probably see, I have a bit of a rage problem.