Register Now
22_22

ePremier League Invitational

The ePremier League Invitational is a virtual tournament played using the game Fifa 20, with each club being represented by one player or celebrity fan. The original tournament was won by Wolverhampton Wanderers Diogo Jota, who beat Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold in the final. This was quite painful to see for me as Wolves are rivals to my team Aston Villa. Sadly we lost in the very first game of the knockout competition as McGinn fell 6-1 to Maupay's Brighton. 

I am excited for round two of this competition though and I hope that they iron out all the streaming problems they had previously. The second version of the competition starts tomorrow and runs for five days, so it is short but sweet. It will provide football fans who don't normally watch e-Sports an outlet for their sporting interest and passion!

https://www.premierleague.com/epl-invitational

Edited by 22_22

I witnessed the e-premier league E-sports tournament during first wave of lock down. Most of the betting site powered the competition by listing out for bettors to place bets on them. It was a fascinating one indeed, wolves did their best to snatch it away from Liverpool. Since the real premier league resumed I never got to see such kind of event again.