Register Now
22_22

Lags or crashes in games

How do you react when a game crashes or lags? What is the worst possible time it has happened to you?

I don't get it too often with the types of games I play now but when I played Runescape things got very laggy. It was difficult in the wilderness because if my screen froze I did not stand a chance at surviving. In fact this happened so regularly I just started to avoid combat based activity as I did not want to lose the items and GP I had been earning. It made me very frustrated so I just switched it up and did something else, like practice my skilling.

Lagging games is annoying as hell. I got the FF8 remaster on my PC before I bought the dual FF7/FF8 cart for my Switch. On the computer however it lagged so bad that it took forever to do pretty much anything. It drove me so nuts, that I actually stopped playing it and went back to the disc and Switch.

As for crashes, as long as I'm not in the middle of something important, or at least not far into the game, I don't completely lose my shit. I started up my very first time playing Skyrim a couple months ago, and as soon as I escaped the tower where the dragon was attacking and got to that little village, the game crashed. It just started pulsing slowly in and out of focus and circling the room I was in really slowly. I don't know what the hell happened. I was at full health, and no one was attacking me. It just fucked up. But from what I understand that was pretty much the norm for the early releases. I was playing it on PS3. But I recently got it for Switch, so here's hoping it doesn't fuckup.

I havent been playing any FPS online in the last two months since the wifi at my new apartment is really crappy, I hate playing with lag, thankfully Im getting an upgrade this week on my internet connection.

Regarding crashes the game that it happens to me the most is with skyrim. Game breaking crashes happen very often, sometimes I have rage quit playing the game for weeks or months because of a stupid crash that ruined all my progress.

I think most of the multiplayer games like say PUBG and the others are facing a lot of lags and crash. The reaosn being a lot of population has gone online. And you may find the ping value are pretty much reflected on that. 

Lagging games are just as painful as eternal punishment. I got Fortnite for my Laptop through Epic Games. It's best to find the cause of the problem instead of raging about it. It could be either your internet connection or technical issue with your device. Lag can occur during the most inappropriate moments - such as when your in The Top 10 actively in a battle with another team. 

Edited by Alexander.

On 5/17/2020 at 6:47 PM, Alexander. said:

Lagging games are just as painful as eternal punishment. I got Fortnite for my Laptop through Epic Games. It's best to find the cause of the problem instead of raging about it. It could be either your internet connection or technical issue with your device. Lag can occur during the most inappropriate moments - such as when your in The Top 10 actively in a battle with another team. 

Pretty much same with most of the tencent games too. Serveer dependent games with the region outside our closer region. We tend to feel the same with the lags. 

Lately I have been playing Cod ww2 since it was free through ps plus and I have to say the hit detection is very bad for example there is a semi automatic rifle that can kill the enemy with two shots, on paper is the best gun since its fast and accurate but almost 50% of the time the game is not registering one of the shots so it takes me more than two shots to take down the enemy and also there are times when I shoot first but the enemy kills me and when I look at their kill cam its shows that I didnt even shoot the enemy in the first place or if I did he didnt receive any damage

I don’t experience lag anymore but I know all about it. From FIFA to Fortnite - lag kills your enjoyment. I’ve also experienced game crashes on my PS4 a few times. Game crashes are just as annoying as lag, or even worse if you haven’t saved your progress and the game crashes.

5 hours ago, ARx182 said:

I don’t experience lag anymore but I know all about it. From FIFA to Fortnite - lag kills your enjoyment. I’ve also experienced game crashes on my PS4 a few times. Game crashes are just as annoying as lag, or even worse if you haven’t saved your progress and the game crashes.

OMG I hate that! I don't remember what game it was, but I played a game one time for about 3+ hours, and made more progress than I ever had before. I stopped for a second to take a break, and for one reason or another, pressing the pause button caused the entire thing to crash. I hadn't thought to save during that time, because I was on a roll and riding that high. When it crashed I went berserk and ended up having to buy a new console.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

OMG I hate that! I don't remember what game it was, but I played a game one time for about 3+ hours, and made more progress than I ever had before. I stopped for a second to take a break, and for one reason or another, pressing the pause button caused the entire thing to crash. I hadn't thought to save during that time, because I was on a roll and riding that high. When it crashed I went berserk and ended up having to buy a new console.

That's an extreme reaction haha, but I've experienced something of the sort myself too. Auto-saving is your best friend in that situation.

22 hours ago, ARx182 said:

Your internet supplier must be good. I experienced a lot of lag when we all were in the lockdown. ISP needs to be good for this to work out. 

On 6/17/2020 at 10:05 AM, skyfire said:

Your internet supplier must be good. I experienced a lot of lag when we all were in the lockdown. ISP needs to be good for this to work out. 

Funnily enough, before lockdown, my internet was going down every other day. Since lockdown, it has been flawless. I use Virgin Medi fyi. I cannot remember the last time I experienced lag, it's been that long. 😛

I spoke too soon. Experienced lag and 200 ping the entire day yesterday. It's fixed now, but boy was it frustrating. To be fair, it is the first time in a long time that I have experienced lag but it completely ruins your enjoyment.