Register Now
GeppyX

I’m never able to sign in to Xbox live

I have a 360. And this week I’ve already changed my password twice because when I wanted to play Rage it said I needed a password. But each time I create a password I can’t get in my account and it says I have the wrong password.

This is not my first problem with Microsoft. I use Mile IQ A mileage app I pay for and had a similar issue and they took weeks to let me back. 

I guess I need Xbox live to play Rage and certain games? I’m not even talking about multi player, just single player. This really annoys me because I can never continue the game.

Another issue I’m having is that my xbox360 is not even reading many games. Could it be on its last leg and does this have anything to do with not being able to sign into Xbox Live?

Edited by GeppyX

I find it unlikely that a hardware problem (if there is one) would cause problems signing in to your Xbox Account. You XBL account is also your account to sign in to other Microsoft services, such as Windows, Outlook, Hotmail, ect. Try logging into your Microsoft account from another device (a PC would be best) and, if necessary, do a password recovery on that device. other that, all I can suggest is get geared up to dive into the depths of hell that is Microsoft Customer Service. Sorry to do that to you, but it might be necessary.

The problems with you 360 reading games sadly is most likely the console. It could also be the condition of the games discs, so have a look at those, but it's happening across multiple games it might to a problem with the 360's disk drive. Finding a replacement console in good condition sounds possible, but the XB1 and upcoming Series X have backwards compatibility, so it may be time to consider an upgrade. You can find a list of all the XBox 360 games that are backwards compatible with the XB1 here. Compare this list to the games you own to consider whether this would be worth it.

5 hours ago, Shagger said:

I find it unlikely that a hardware problem (if there is one) would cause problems signing in to your Xbox Account. You XBL account is also your account to sign in to other Microsoft services, such as Windows, Outlook, Hotmail, ect. Try logging into your Microsoft account from another device (a PC would be best) and, if necessary, do a password recovery on that device. other that, all I can suggest is get geared up to dive into the depths of hell that is Microsoft Customer Service. Sorry to do that to you, but it might be necessary.

The problems with you 360 reading games sadly is most likely the console. It could also be the condition of the games discs, so have a look at those, but it's happening across multiple games it might to a problem with the 360's disk drive. Finding a replacement console in good condition sounds possible, but the XB1 and upcoming Series X have backwards compatibility, so it may be time to consider an upgrade. You can find a list of all the XBox 360 games that are backwards compatible with the XB1 here. Compare this list to the games you own to consider whether this would be worth it.

I was able to reset the password, but this is like the 3rd time. At this rate I’ll have to reset it each time I wanna play. Something is weird.

As far is the console it now only works if I take it apart. And the disc tray doesn’t open if the console is vertical. As far as backwards compatibility I want every game otherwise that doesn’t work.

On 5/5/2020 at 9:29 AM, GeppyX said:

I have a 360. And this week I’ve already changed my password twice because when I wanted to play Rage it said I needed a password. But each time I create a password I can’t get in my account and it says I have the wrong password.

This is not my first problem with Microsoft. I use Mile IQ A mileage app I pay for and had a similar issue and they took weeks to let me back. 

I guess I need Xbox live to play Rage and certain games? I’m not even talking about multi player, just single player. This really annoys me because I can never continue the game.

Another issue I’m having is that my xbox360 is not even reading many games. Could it be on its last leg and does this have anything to do with not being able to sign into Xbox Live?

Hi GeepyX

Many thanks for your message. 

If you already have tried resetting your password with your email and this issue repeats itself, it might be a device issue. You may want to check Microsoft support and FAQ (frequently asked question page). On the otherhand, it's a good idea to check whether your console is still under retailer or manufacturer guarantee, in which case, you might be able to get a replacement or your product repaired for you at no cost. 

I might be able to help diagnose the issue, if you can screenshot or take a picture of the error that your facing. The error might include an code which if this the case, it's going to make a lot easier to solve.

Kind regards

Alex

On 5/22/2020 at 12:25 PM, Alexander. said:

Hi GeepyX

Many thanks for your message. 

If you already have tried resetting your password with your email and this issue repeats itself, it might be a device issue. You may want to check Microsoft support and FAQ (frequently asked question page). On the otherhand, it's a good idea to check whether your console is still under retailer or manufacturer guarantee, in which case, you might be able to get a replacement or your product repaired for you at no cost. 

I might be able to help diagnose the issue, if you can screenshot or take a picture of the error that your facing. The error might include an code which if this the case, it's going to make a lot easier to solve.

Kind regards

Alex

Being an Xbox 360, I don't think there's any possible chance it's still under any kind of warranty, unless he bought it from a gaming retailer that offers warranties on everything they sell. But to my knowledge, no such store exists for older systems.

But to get back to topic, it sounds like a system issue. If you're resetting your password every time you want to log in, then you need a new console. The only way I can think of that could work to transfer your save data would be a thumb drive, but I don't know enough about Xbox to know if that's even viable. I mentioned this in another post, but a few years ago I read several online reports that said the 360 almost took Xbox out of the gaming market and ended it completely. The RRoD was a major factor in that. But they brought out the Xbox One and saved their own asses. I'm not a fan of Xbox, but the One is a great system none the less.