Register Now
Dead2009

Official Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

42 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

By that logic I’m not allowed to be a hockey fan because I don’t like basketball.

And you want to bitch about hypocrisy? You’re acting like the only valid viewpoint on fake is your own. The next time you say the word “hypocrite”, you had better be looking in the mirror.

I think the problem is that non-fans of pro-wrestling and it's sceptics are under some sort of delusion that we fans don't understand truth of it, when in actual fact we understand the truth better than they do. It is not a sport, it's entertainment. A showcase of athleticism and drama with the sprit of completion at the heart of that drama, but we know it's a story, not an athletic completion. I've already stated why calling it "fake" is the wrong terminology, and that explanation stands, so I see no point in repeating myself. You can like, dislike and feel what you feel exactly the way you want to feel about, but can I polity request you stay off this thread unless you have something positive to contribute? This blasting of it with the same "It's fake" cliché, even if your right, is something that's been said and heard a million times and it just has no worth to anyone. So please, just let the rest of us discuss this without the pointless aggravation.

Edited by Shagger

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

By that logic I’m not allowed to be a hockey fan because I don’t like basketball.

As usual any point except your goes way over your head.  At what what did I say you can't be a can't be a can of both combat sports and sports entertainment?  Your the one who needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror.

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

And you want to bitch about hypocrisy? You’re acting like the only valid viewpoint on fake is your own. The next time you say the word “hypocrite”, you had better be looking in the mirror.

Fake = the stories and acting. Not fake = the bumps they take. Point is, people don't need to be constantly told wrestling is fake every time they want to talk about it, or admit that they like it. At this stage of the game it's merely something to annoy people with. 

Anyway, Just got done watching the latest Smackdown and things are being set up nicely for MITB , well, on that side of the brand at least. It was a good episode as well with great in ring action. The card for MITB still feels a little empty. Correct me if I'm wrong but there's no grudge matches of any kind, only championships, and the RAW Woman's, RAW Tag's, United States and Intercontinental championships are not confirmed. Having said that, a RAW Tag Champ' match between the Viking Raiders and The Street Prophets is surely going to be announced. Assuming the Raw Tag's do get announced, the card looks like this;

The MITB Ladder Match (Both men and woman simultaneously, not two separate matches this time)

Universal Championship: Braun Strowman (c) vs. Bray Wyatt

WWE Championship: Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Seth Rollins

SmackDown Women's Championship: Bayley (c) vs. Tamina

SmackDown Tag Team Championship: New Day (c) vs. Forgotten Sons vs. The Miz & John Morrison vs. Lucha House Party:

Raw Tag Team Championship: The Street Profits (c) vs. The Viking Raiders (This is strongly assumed, but not confirmed)

If you include the Pre-Show, that isn't very many matches to fill the time, even if one assumes the MITB Ladder Match would take about and hour. Am I missing something here?

I watched wrestling from the first Wrestlemania up through Wrestlemania 24. So don't ever tell me I know nothing about it. I was a wrestler in my younger days, both on the school team, and in the ring. I know the drama, I know the injuries. A suplex into the mat hurts. I gave and received a lot of them. I know the ins and outs of pro style wrestling. And I'm not going to leave this thread because you don't like hearing the truth.

if you respect one but dismiss the other then you are a hypocrite

I respect hockey but not basketball. By your logic I'm not allowed to be a fan of one and not the other because the lack of respect makes me a hypocrite. And just so you know, I was obsessed with basketball in my preteens, so I know about it too.

Are you ready to go fuck yourself yet, or do you need help with that too?

Edited by The Blackangel

On 5/9/2020 at 12:03 PM, Dead2009 said:

If all you're going to do is talk about how fake it is to derail the discussion then take it elsewhere. It's not needed.

You are either extremely ballsy or extremely stupid to give me an order. I'm leaning towards the latter.

15 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Your a whiney keyboard warrior with a Napoleon complex... so...

Did you forget that I’m part of a crew that creates video games? Part of that crew includes software scripters. Now what else is someone skilled with software writing abilities able to do? That’s right. Viruses. Annoying or devastating, either one. 

All it takes is a single phone call.

Oh and by the way, it’s You’re not Your. Perhaps you should study English before try to fight someone who actually speaks it.

Edited by The Blackangel

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You are either extremely ballsy or extremely stupid to give me an order. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Give you an order? There was no need to come in and shit all over the thread if you had nothing to contribute. Go create video games and let us enjoy our thing.

Tonight's show was pretty enjoyable, and WWE should hold more shows on the roof more often. Let's have some shows during the daylight in the summer, please.

1 hour ago, Dead2009 said:

Tonight's show was pretty enjoyable, and WWE should hold more shows on the roof more often. Let's have some shows during the daylight in the summer, please.

It was a great event.  I appreciate that in these times WWE are experimenting with ideas that they can't do with a live audience in a arena.  The previous matches before the MITB match were all good as well.  The only thing that annoyed me was that in the climax of the Woman's MITB only 3 of the superstars actully made it to the roof and it was a pretty abrupt.

To whom it may concern... it's not 1998, I know about computers and I studied Java script at University.  So don't waste your time peddling your ridiculous empty threats on me.

10 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

To whom it may concern... it's not 1998, I know about computers and I studied Java script at University.  So don't waste your time peddling your ridiculous empty threats on me.

Little boy, I don't make empty threats. That would be pointless. Also I never threatened you. If you knew how to read, you would know that. I simply mentioned that someone I know is capable of certain things. There was never a comment that I was, or that matter, was not going to do anything.

But your fear is showing.

11 hours ago, Dead2009 said:

Give you an order? There was no need to come in and shit all over the thread if you had nothing to contribute. Go create video games and let us enjoy our thing.

This is an open forum dumbass. I can comment on whatever I want. But the narcissism of you three is so fragile that you can't handle people with a different opinion. You go off the deep end when they do. Especially when they give facts. That's truly pathetic. All three of you are. God forbid any of you have kids, as they'll undoubtedly turn out just as moronic and completely fucked up as you are.