Register Now
Dead2009

Official Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

On topic. I really enjoyed MITB. The ladder match had a great balance of stunts and humour. I was wondering why Becky Lynch Didn't defend the RAW Woman's Title at MITB, but I guess on RAW we got our answer. Huge congratulations to her and Seth Rollins on the pregnancy. It'll be a shame to not see her on WWE broadcasts for a while, but at least it's for such a wonderful reason as opposed to injury or something.

RAW itself was really good. The basketball thing was a lot of fun as was watching Zelina Vega's cronies get on each other's nerves, but DAMB Seth! That was savage!

NXT was mostly a build up, but after two championship matches last week that's not surprising. Decent't matches still and the storyline are looking promising, so it was worth watching. Charlotte Flair is being talked about too much (on all brands) without doing very much, and that's starting to get annoying.

I remember when MITB was first introduced. I always loved seeing who won it. Also I remember the best use of it. John Cena had just win the championship from Big Show, and was completely spent. Who wouldn’t be after giving a 500 pound man a suplex? He was try to build his strength up to get off the mat, when Edge came running down the aisle and cashed in the MITB. He speared Cena and pinned him to steal the belt. Cena was champ for all of 5 minutes tops. Brilliant if you ask me.

Night one of Wrestlemania was really good, despite most of the matches not having that great a build up. The set looks fantastic.  I normally get annoyed by celebrity matches but Bad Bunny was impressive In the ring.  The WWE and Smackdown Woman's title matches were both great and got the right results in my opinion.  The only weaker moment was that tag team termoil match.  Having the live crowd back really made a difference.

Whether you're into pro wrestling or not, you can't deny that Wrestlemania is one hell of a spectacle. And if you're able to spare the money to get the pay-per-view, it's fun as hell to watch. I've been to several events when I was into it. Nothing televised. It was more of a "passing through, might as well" kind of thing. It had a lot of the big names for the time. Triple-H, Randy Orton, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Khali, Finley, Mark Henry, Kane, and I think Eddie Guerrero was there as well, among several others. That was the two here in town. I also went to the same music festival 3 times that had semi-pro and former pro wrestlers all in the ring together. Zack Gowan was one I was excited to see. I remember Big Show picking him up in the body board and slamming him into the corner post like he was a whiffle ball bat, with his mother screaming at him to stop right there by them. Sabu and Vampiro were part of that wrestling org as well. It was entertaining when no bands were on stage. Actually there wasn't much other than the wrestling and musical performances as far as entertainment. It was a really boring weekend. So why the hell did I go 3 times?