Register Now
Dead2009

Official Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

In here we can talk all things wrestling! That's if you watch, of course. This thread will be updated with the current champions in all the major companies, as well as rumors and show results!

In here we can talk all things wrestling! That's if you watch, of course. This thread will be updated with the current champions in all the major companies, as well as rumors and show results!

WWE:

WWE Championship: Drew McIntyre
United States Championship: Andrade
Raw Women's Championship: Becky Lynch
Raw Tag Team Championship: The Street Profits
WWE Universal Championship: Braun Strowman
Intercontinental Championship: Sami Zayn
Smackdown Women's Championship: Bayley
Smackdown Tag Team Championship: The New Day
WWE Women's Tag Team Championship: Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross
24/7 Championship: Rob Gronkowski
NXT Championship: Adam Cole
NXT North American Championship: Keith Lee
NXT Cruiserweight Championship: Jordan Devlin
NXT Women's Championship: Charlotte
NXT Tag Team Championship: The Broserweights
NXT UK Championship: WALTER
NXT UK Women's Championship: Kay Lee Ray
NXT UK Tag Team Championship: Gallus

I'll be adding more this evening!

I've gotten back into this the last couple of years. The MITB PPV looks a little lame so far with the exception the MITB ladder match itself. I like how WWE has tried to make the best out a bad thing and let their people get creative, but also truly hate the way they've treated their wrestlers and staff though this.

I used to watch, but lost interest after Wrestlemania 24. I just couldn't take a fake "sport" anymore. It's nothing more than a grown man's soap opera. If I'm gonna watch something like that I stick to UFC fights. It's real, unlike prowrestling.

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I used to watch, but lost interest after Wrestlemania 24. I just couldn't take a fake "sport" anymore. It's nothing more than a grown man's soap opera. If I'm gonna watch something like that I stick to UFC fights. It's real, unlike prowrestling.

Wrestling is as real as all the shows you watch on television. We get it, it's fake. 

I'm SO sick if the ignorant cocks who dismiss pro wrestling for being "fake".  Just like movies, It's about telling a story.  If you compare it to a competitive sport like cage fighting, boxing or even Olympic style amateur wrestling then not only have you completely missed the point, but you are a total fucking hypocrite unless you dismiss every fictional book, movie and TV series that has ever existed for not being "real".

I enjoy the over the top characters, the funny gimmicks, the in ring action and hold a lot of respect the athetism required to do this, scripted, 2 or 3 times a week.  Most top end pro-boxers or MMA fighters do it, unscripted, 2 or 3 times a year.  I respect them as athletes too but if you respect one but dismiss the other then you are a hypocrite.

Edited by Crazycrab

5 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I'm SO sick if the ignorant cocks who dismiss pro wrestling for being "fake".  Just like movies, It's about telling a story.  If you compare it to a competitive sport like cage fighting, boxing or even Olympic style amateur wrestling then not only have you have completely missed the point, but you are a total fucking hypocrite unless you dismiss every fictional book, movie and TV series that has ever existed for not being "real".

I enjoy the over the top characters, the funny gimmicks, the in ring action and hold a lot of respect the athetism required to do this, scripted, 2 or 3 times a week.  Most top end pro-boxers or MMA fighters do it, unscripted, 2 or 3 times a year.  I respect them as athletes too but if you respect one but dismiss the other then you are a hypocrite.

Alot of the time, especially before the COVID-19 crisis, that 2-3 times a week could easily be 5-6. In between time, there's constant training. Wrestling matches also typically last alot longer than a bout in the octagon. I admit that's less true of fights in boxing, those can go quite long, but they get breaks between rounds and, like @Crazycrab said, these fights are separated by months at a time. So once again, fake is the wrong word.

To make a post that isn't a rant I am looking forward to Money in the Bank this weekend.  I have no idea what to expect from the Money in the Bank Ladder match.  It's already pretty chaotic normally, but now it's at WWE headquarters, from the ground floor to the roof, the men's and women's matches going on simultaneously... It's chaos on top of chaos and I legit have no idea what to expect!

35 minutes ago, Dead2009 said:

I'll watch it just for the kicks but i'm more upset that it's being stuck in Florida because it was supposed to be held in Maryland before everything shut down.

It's unfortunate, but I do appreciate that WWE are to some degree taking advantage of the situation.  They could have just held regular ladder matches at the performance but they decided to do something different that they couldn't have done in a arena.

3 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I'm SO sick if the ignorant cocks who dismiss pro wrestling for being "fake".  Just like movies, It's about telling a story.  If you compare it to a competitive sport like cage fighting, boxing or even Olympic style amateur wrestling then not only have you completely missed the point, but you are a total fucking hypocrite unless you dismiss every fictional book, movie and TV series that has ever existed for not being "real".

By that logic I’m not allowed to be a hockey fan because I don’t like basketball.

And you want to bitch about hypocrisy? You’re acting like the only valid viewpoint on fake is your own. The next time you say the word “hypocrite”, you had better be looking in the mirror.