Register Now
StaceyPowers

Have your favorite game genres/types changed over the years?

Have you preferred the same basic types and genres of games your whole life, or have your preferences changed dramatically? When I was in high school, I only ever played multiplayer games, usually MMOs, but as an adult, I almost exclusively play single player games.

Honestly, no. When i was a kid, I had no choice but to play single player games, because I had no one to play games with. Now that I'm an adult, not much has changed in that regard. Online gaming didn't exist when I was a kid. Partly because the internet didn't exist. There's a wild thought for ya. I've tried online gaming, but have never liked it.

As for genre's my mind has opened to a lot of game styles that I never would have been interested in as a kid. For example I like a lot of spinoff and indie games nowadays, whereas when I was a kid I wouldn't have given them the time of day. I still stick mainly to fantasy games, but I've also gotten into a few racing games. Off road stuff a bit. Also I'm checking out a few modern era games. I've never liked them, but a few have caught my eye lately. Typically, I've never enjoyed games that have guns in them. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with guns. I own many. But in gaming, it just doesn't interest me at all.

Yes actually. Back in the day FIFA (sports genre) was my favourite game. I still play FIFA but I wouldn’t call it my favourite game anymore. I never liked battle royale/shooting games before but Fortnite has changed my perception of that genre. Fortnite is probably my favourite game at the moment.