Register Now
StaceyPowers

How often do you get up and take a break during a gaming session?

If it's a serious campaign I'm on, or goal I'm after, I'll sit literally all day without a break until I'm ready to go to bed that night. It happens on a very regular basis. I'm probably the only person on earth that can actually FORGET that they need to take a piss.

On 5/12/2020 at 1:26 PM, The Blackangel said:

If it's a serious campaign I'm on, or goal I'm after, I'll sit literally all day without a break until I'm ready to go to bed that night. It happens on a very regular basis. I'm probably the only person on earth that can actually FORGET that they need to take a piss.

I only forget I need to piss when I’m working. When I’m gaming, I think I get up every 30 minutes to an hour or so and use the bathroom, grab food or drink, go tell someone excitedly what is happening in the game whether they care or not, or just make sure my back and neck aren’t getting angry from sitting in one position for too long.

In my home office I have a minifridge and cabinet right by my desk that I keep food and cold drinks in. I have my systems set up, and my computer all on my desk. I don't have to leave this room for a damn thing except to use the bathroom. And since all 8 of my rats are in here with me, I have company the whole time. Even though, with the exception of the girls (who all think they're actually monkeys), they tend to spend most of their time asleep.

Edited by The Blackangel

I used to play for hours. And I think that has caused a lot of headache and the issues with the mind and body. So I am reducing the time I play any game to say 50 min at the top. And  when in weekdays when there is a work, I prefer to limit even further. I think it's not just gaming but more of sitting in one place for hours affects the body the most. 

It really depends on the game. For example on Fortnite I will take a break after 2 or 3 long games or even call it a day. On FIFA, I could go on for 10 hours without stopping. That’s how addicted I am in its prime.

3 hours ago, TheSteelyardDweller said:

sometims when i play fallout 3 i sit down look up what feels like 1 sec later five or six hours have passed! 

Are you still sat down in front of your monitor when this happens? How long would you usually say your break intervals are? Is there a routine or not? Resting or sleeping, in-front of a monitor isn't advisable and it would be much better if you took yourself away from the screen to take a break. 

17 hours ago, TheSteelyardDweller said:

sometims when i play fallout 3 i sit down look up what feels like 1 sec later five or six hours have passed! 

You are the man! I guess you get into the trance. I remember there is an episode of "black mirror" on such technology usage where the guy plays the game wakes up and he realizes he saw his parents divorced and he out of university and working.