Register Now
Katri Marcell

Fortnite Summer Tourney Prize Pool Comes At $8M, Wut??

I haven't noticed anything about this yet!

I think Fortnite could easily afford that big of a prize pool. Fortnite cleared around 250 Million in April. I am sure they are continuing to sky rocket, especially since they are releasing new & great content! I would say the only company that can compete with that right now is PUBG. Realm Royale is a big hit, although I don't see it generating enough revenue yet to play with the big boys.

I'm sure those games are doing a lot but Fortnite isn't far behind. This $8,000,000 is just one small part. They have several other tournaments and Epic Games did promise that there would be $100 million set aside for tournaments in just 2018-2019 alone. That's pretty impressive for a game that was only released a year ago and for a developer that was relatively unknown until then.

On 12/17/2018 at 1:08 PM, DarthHazard said:

I'm sure those games are doing a lot but Fortnite isn't far behind. This $8,000,000 is just one small part. They have several other tournaments and Epic Games did promise that there would be $100 million set aside for tournaments in just 2018-2019 alone. That's pretty impressive for a game that was only released a year ago and for a developer that was relatively unknown until then.

I agree. Fortnite has grown A LOT since last year and it also looks like a completely different game than last year.