Register Now
StaceyPowers

Are there types of weapons you tend to prefer across most games you play?

On 5/23/2020 at 3:52 AM, skyfire said:

Yes the thing is that COD is being used by the trainers too I heard in fact it is being used as a tactic game by some of the terrorirsts too if I recall. I moslty prefer sniper and M4A1 and AK47. 

Interesting you mention that, as I was just thinking while playing Spec Ops: The Line the other night that using FPS games as training for soldiers might make sense for more than tactical reasons. Spec Ops seems like it would do a pretty good job training the ethics side of things. 

I prefer SMGs on all shooting games. I lack the precision to use a shotgun well, unless it's a tactical shotgun (like on Fortnite). SMGs require the least amount of skill since you're just spraying bullets - that works best for me.

On 5/31/2020 at 12:15 AM, StaceyPowers said:

Interesting you mention that, as I was just thinking while playing Spec Ops: The Line the other night that using FPS games as training for soldiers might make sense for more than tactical reasons. Spec Ops seems like it would do a pretty good job training the ethics side of things. 

But based on what Blackangel said, I don't think real world marines would be using simulation as we assume they could be using. 

An update on the marines.

They actually do use live ammunition in training now. But they use rubber bullets. So yes, soldiers are getting shot, but not lethally. Rubber bullets hurt like hell, and make you think it penetrated the flesh, but they don't. The corps think it trains the infantry better. The marine corps are fucking morons.