Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you think the next gen consoles will cost?

On 6/23/2020 at 9:28 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I agree that a price up to $599 seems likely. The only thing I think would suppress that down to $500 or so would be reduced demand because of economi c issues. 

6 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Anything from them comes out would min. priced at the 599 onwards. Anything lower than that means you have handheld type of the console in your hands. 

I'm not so sure. As I've said before what Sony and Microsoft want is to get these consoles in your home because that's where the real money can be made, so selling them at a loss is something I feel they would be willing to do to make them more affordable and appealing. I'd knock around $100 off that, maybe and extra $50-$100 off for the digital only versions

49 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I'm not so sure. As I've said before what Sony and Microsoft want is to get these consoles in your home because that's where the real money can be made, so selling them at a loss is something I feel they would be willing to do to make them more affordable and appealing. I'd knock around $100 off that, maybe and extra $50-$100 off for the digital only versions

I still don't get how those digital versions would work. Would you have to pick up an external hard drive somewhere, and take that in to have the system capabilities installed onto it or something? Is there some way it would be installed onto a PS4? There is obviously something that I'm missing here.

7 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I still don't get how those digital versions would work. Would you have to pick up an external hard drive somewhere, and take that in to have the system capabilities installed onto it or something? Is there some way it would be installed onto a PS4? There is obviously something that I'm missing here.

The digital versions will have a hard drive (Well, SSD) in them, what they won't have is an optical drive, or disc tray, so you can't play physical copies of games or watch Blu-rays or DVD's. That's the only real difference. I don't want that though, I'll have one with a dick tray, please.

Take this with a grain of salt, but a French online retailer listed the pricings for the PS5 and accessories mostly likely as a holding, but it's got out into the internet. This might be fake, but I think the pricing makes sense here. The listing is in Euros obviously, but ishould be the same in US$. Again, like I said, grain of salt.

20200803_123138.jpg.5dc29a133fcf3252d552edc3b0677e80.jpg

On 6/27/2020 at 10:21 PM, The Blackangel said:

In near future, One more thing about digital version would be piracy will become harder because here if box in some way gets tampered with downloaded digital edition they will just remove that user from that network. In near future I'd say not in 2020. 

If the user is a known pirate, then I can get removing them from the network. But if they just clean house and remove anyone thought to be committing piracy, then they're going to lose a lot of customers. Granted once a code is used, it's supposed to be completely void from being used again, and there are ways around it. But it's not hard to buy yourself a code, use it, put it back in the box, reseal it and give it to someone under the guise of a gift. Then when they try to use it, they're the one that's screwed. Cracking down on piracy is a good thing, but it's not all black and white. But then again it's not a perfect system, so there are bound to be innocent casualties.

I may not even be making sense to anyone but myself. All I know is that I'm not a fan of a system that is 100% digital. So I would have to have the disc capable version if I was to buy one.