Register Now
Dead2009

This or That: Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat

If I’m picking a character from each game, Guile was my favorite on SF. On MK however, I was partial to Scorpion. But to pick one game over the other, I’m with @Crazycrab on this one. Mortal Kombat is the better game, even though its been decades since I’ve played either.

Edited by The Blackangel

SF is better suited to be an introduction to fighting games, when you really think about it. It’s really tame, and simple to learn. Using it that way, you will be able to get an idea of your skills and interest in the genre. Do you want gore, or just to see some get a kick in the nuts?

MK?
KI?
SC?

It’s a decent intro to the genre, but by today, that’s about the extent to its usefulness in my opinion.

Mortal Kombat for me - the blood, the gore, the fatalities, the interactions between the characters, the storylines. Let's be honest - Street fighter is an above average fighting game but isn't that different from the multitude of fighting games out there. Mortal Kombat is a really distinctive game that everyone can differentiate from all the other fighting games. No fighting game can rip off the characters of Shang Tsung, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Lui Kang, Raiden or Shao Kahn to perfection. The smugness of Shang Tsung is a primary example.