Register Now
Alexander.

Compatibility

Are there any retro-style PC Games that you really want to play again but can't due to compatibility problems? If so, what are the names of these titles? When was the last time you played the video game? For example, your computer may not be "compatible" because your running on the latest operating system and the video game was designed for an older OS. 

Edited by Alexander.

I really miss a DOS game called Heaven and Earth which was all puzzles (yes, I usually hate puzzles, but I liked that game a lot). I found a version of it once that was able to work in a version of Windows, but alas it had a virus onboard, so I haven’t tried to find a way to play it again.

2 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

I really miss a DOS game called Heaven and Earth which was all puzzles (yes, I usually hate puzzles, but I liked that game a lot). I found a version of it once that was able to work in a version of Windows, but alas it had a virus onboard, so I haven’t tried to find a way to play it again.

Have you tried an emulator? DosBox is a good DOS emulator that even GOG.com use to run DOS games they sell on their store, maybe you could give that a try?

A game I would like to find is one that I had on an old 286 that I got rid of more than 20 years ago. It was simply called ZZT. It's below Atari graphics. You're basically a small rectangle trying to make your way through small puzzles. I can't describe it worth a shit, but it was really fun.

On 6/11/2020 at 12:07 PM, Shagger said:

Have you tried an emulator? DosBox is a good DOS emulator that even GOG.com use to run DOS games they sell on their store, maybe you could give that a try?

Thank you for the tip! I have never used an emulator before and haven’t known where to start, but now I do :)