Register Now
skyfire

PS 5 Possible Price Increase for Membership?

I don't know the plans of Sony during the world undergoing the recession. I am wondering if in near future they may increase the prices for their products. 

Do you see Sony increasing the prices once the PS 5 hits the mainstream all over the world?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they did. Corporate greed is higher than ever, and they know gamers that are die hard PlayStation loyalists will pay whatever price they set for their new systems. We're talking millions of systems sold in the first week worldwide. Multiply that by say, $650 per system, that's looking at $650,000,000 to start. That's not pocket change.

That would be incredibly unfair. If anything, Sony has benefited from COVID-19 in terms of gaming. More people are purchasing from the PS Store, why change something if it isn't broken? That being said, the demand is incredibly high so they can increase their prices and see no negative effect. 🙃

Oof. That would be horrible for those people that want to get it. I don't see my husband doing that unless a lot of his friends jump on board and get the PlayStation and he wants to game with them but even then he is going to be hard pressed if the price goes up.

I doubt it. They already did they market research to come up with the price they are at now for online services. They're already charging 400 - 450 for the console so it would be like a double-whammy to hike subscription costs.

On 5/26/2020 at 5:27 AM, skyfire said:

I don't know the plans of Sony during the world undergoing the recession. I am wondering if in near future they may increase the prices for their products. 

Do you see Sony increasing the prices once the PS 5 hits the mainstream all over the world?

I believe that it's all going to be dependent on the forces of demand and supply. It will go a long way in determining what they would do with the price in the future. 

On 5/26/2020 at 5:27 AM, skyfire said:

There is no way you would expect them to lower the price of the console now. It's not feasible because of high cost of its production. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I believe if Sony see increase in the demand of their video game console products they'll simply spike the prices to gain more. 

It's always the routine of all companies to try as much as possible to make more money from selling their products and gaming companies aren't left out with what Sony has been doing with their PS consoles. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's always the routine of all companies to try as much as possible to make more money from selling their products and gaming companies aren't left out with what Sony has been doing with their PS consoles. 

Yes, Sony got tremendous strategies to market their consoles and drive much of the sales. That's how profit comes in bounty because they marketed their video game console very much high.