Register Now
skyfire

XBOX - What is one thing that you like about the XBOX?

I know there are multiple series of the XBOX devices out there but I am wondering how strong the XBOX devices may stand out once the PS 5 box is coming out in the market. 

Do you see XBOX surviving the next wave of the playstation release?

It is capable of providing quicker loading speed, better graphics, higher resolution(4k) and a clearer gaming experience for Xbox and Xbox 360. Just look at their advertisement trailer, it says it all really. Microsoft can definitely survive as a competitor when Playstation release their new generation of console. 

Edited by Alexander.

On 5/28/2020 at 1:41 PM, skyfire said:

Yes indeed that the part about the PS taking the lead. I think I am not sure how the XBOX may end up in such case after few years. It'd be interesting to see the competition. 

The Xbox Series X is literally a box - very lazy design. I don't see them being able to compete with the PS5. Will get left behind just like Nintendo was left behind years ago. 😜

Edited by ARx182

On 6/17/2020 at 1:19 AM, ARx182 said:

The Xbox Series X is literally a box - very lazy design. I don't see them being able to compete with the PS5. Will get left behind just like Nintendo was left behind years ago. 😜

Market sales says otherwise. Marketsales wise they are rising with the nintendo too. So I think design or not they are getting popular. 

I would like to add something, in addition to my last post in this topic. Users can gain points for searching through Bing which can be redeemed for Xbox Live Vouchers and Gift Cards. A huge corporation who gives back to the gaming community, is lovely to see. 

Edited by Alexander.

On 6/28/2020 at 2:11 PM, Alexander. said:

I would like to add something, in addition to my last post in this topic. Users can gain points for searching through Bing which can be redeemed for Xbox Live Vouchers and Gift Cards. A huge corporation who gives back to the gaming community, is lovely to see. 

That is not really an XBOX feature though. it is more or less feature specific to the Bing. 

I will admit that in the beginning when the Xbox Series X and S were released and the PS5 was released it did seem as though PS5 would do better with how many sales it had compared to the Xbox Series S and X, but I feel a lot of the reason sales were behind for Xbox was because of the lack of consoles they were able to distribute and sell due to the pandemic. Xbox definitely did seem to creep up though a little while after and I would say in the end Xbox did just as well as PlayStation in terms of sales. So many purchased the PS5 first and then at a later date chose to jump on either the Series X or S and that soon boosted sales. I feel that if it wasn't for low stock still even now to some extent both consoles would be doing a lot better in sales than they are now. Definitely feel that neither party lost out thought and both companies still seem to be thriving.

I prefer the Xbox controller to the Playstation. Ever since 6th gen I preferred xbox's controllers to the Playstations, starting with the 360.  For me personally though? The best thing about xbox is being able to play with my girlfriend @Shortie,  I never owned an xbox of my own until 2013, for years she'd give me crap for not owning an xbox and how much better the 360 was compared to the PS3, well at the tail end of 2013, I finally bought one and we started gaming together, a year or so later and we began dating. She was the reason I bought the xbox and 8 years later, we're still together. 🙂 So to me, the best thing about the xbox, is the relationship I got out of it with my best friend. 🙂

Honestly, I prefer using the Xbox controller on PC than the Playstation one because it's far easier to set up and not as much issues such as latency. It's also an alternative to the Playstation which I don't mind at all - I also love Halo and some other exclusive that came out on the original Xbox.

I like how Xbox kinda changed the online gaming scene. I think they were a huge part of why online gaming got so big. Especially with the likes of Halo 2 and playing online with XBL back then. Sony had online too with PS2, but I feel like XBL was where people flocked when it came to gaming online, especially if they didn't own a fancy gaming PC for the time. 

Of course not to say that XBL did it before anyone, I just think they perfected online gaming in the console side. PC had online gaming locked down for years, but Xbox I think was the first big console to make online gaming so much more accessible and they made a good system with xbl. 

On 12/24/2022 at 11:18 PM, Empire said:

Snap mode, tv integration and personal controller setting via kinect. As a family man who game in the living room it's cool that switching from tv to game and when my wife decides to play a game( she's a lefty ) the switch is seamless.

Got to give Xbox props for that, they do try to include all gamers with all different needs for their console. I love how they even do what they can to make gaming accessible for all even with disabilities. I know at least two people who are disabled, one of them who I met on Mixer and now is a big streamer on Facebook, Nomad plays Xbox with his face and also SightlessKombat who I also met on Mixer and now streams on Twitch is blind and he plays. Being able to see things like that and knowing that Xbox have made it possible for them to do that is amazing.