Register Now
skyfire

ASUS TUF Gaming FX705DD/DT

I was in search of the machine that is both good for the gaming and also for my other programming and development tasks. I have not yet found any solid machine from the Lenovo but found pretty good from the ASUS. 

ASUS TUF Gaming FX705DD/DT, do you think this model is a good for gaming and programming?

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I think this is the same laptop brother @Shagger uses.  He'd know better than me about how well it performs but it seems to be very good.

It's not quite the same model, but it is similar. Mine is the ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DV with a 6GB version of Nvidia's 2060 GPU and the same Ryzen 7 3750H CPU that's in the laptop @skyfireis looking at. I don't know enough about programming to make that call, but I have been play AC Odyssey on this machine at 1080p (maximum resolution for this screen) at max settings with a frame rate hovering around 50fps. So games run well on this thing, but I would recommend a cooling pad to rest the laptop on when you play as it can get a little hot.

Hi there Skyfire, thank you for asking for some feedback in regards to this Laptop Model. I don't know much about gaming machines, but nonetheless I'll do my best to help. After researching on YouTube briefly, I found these two YouTube Videos which I've embed above. Hope this helps you with your purchasing decision!  

Edited by Alexander.

On 5/26/2020 at 5:15 PM, Shagger said:

It's not quite the same model, but it is similar. Mine is the ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DV with a 6GB version of Nvidia's 2060 GPU and the same Ryzen 7 3750H CPU that's in the laptop @skyfireis looking at. I don't know enough about programming to make that call, but I have been play AC Odyssey on this machine at 1080p (maximum resolution for this screen) at max settings with a frame rate hovering around 50fps. So games run well on this thing, but I would recommend a cooling pad to rest the laptop on when you play as it can get a little hot.

Apart from getting heated during the gameplay.

Do you see heating issues during the regular usage like say Surfing and watching videos? Or this is just when we push the machine with the game settings and playing on max graphics?

26 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Do you see heating issues during the regular usage like say Surfing and watching videos? Or this is just when we push the machine with the game settings and playing on max graphics?

During normal use it's stays cool. It's only when playing games that really poke it with a stick it'll heat up a bit. Even then it's not hot enough to worry me, it's just a bit uncomfortable to have on your lap. Using a cooling pad is just an extra step I took to help it run more efficiently and increase its lifespan.

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

Hi Skyfire, did you see my post on Tuesday? Have you watched the product review videos that I posted? Please may you tell me if there is anything else I can help with and I'll do my best to advise. Otherwise, I hope the YouTube content has been a helpful factor into making your purchase decision. 

Edited by Alexander.

21 hours ago, Shagger said:

During normal use it's stays cool. It's only when playing games that really poke it with a stick it'll heat up a bit. Even then it's not hot enough to worry me, it's just a bit uncomfortable to have on your lap. Using a cooling pad is just an extra step I took to help it run more efficiently and increase its lifespan.

If it stays cool during the normal operations like say video rendering for youtube or game streaming or even any random desktop streaming then this looks likea  good machine for me.

19 hours ago, Alexander. said:

Hi Skyfire, did you see my post on Tuesday? Have you watched the product review videos that I posted? Please may you tell me if there is anything else I can help with and I'll do my best to advise. Otherwise, I hope the YouTube content has been a helpful factor into making your purchase decision. 

Sorry didn't meant to ignore the reply. Just posted to shaggers response in a hurry. And checked your video links too. The digit one actually has some good review for this machine. So kind of helped me..